GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

XM vs. Sirius

dmclone

Oval Champion
smp85 said:
go with sirius...full nfl schedule and stern. deal done.

I think they both suck but I like listening to either local sports radio or my Ipod. I guess I'm a little wierd.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
i hear ya on that one dmclone, but down in va i cant listen to my eagles, so i look forward to my sirius subscribtion when i get it this summer :)

bilbos

On the Kop
I was under the impression when I bought the GTI that the Sat Radio was part of the package. Only realised now that you have to pay after the 3-month trial period. :redface: (Hey, I have never had Sat Radio before guys)

Don't really know if I will continue with the service. I much prefer listening to CD's rather than the radio anyway.

Howack

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Here's Johnny said:
There is only a $3 difference. Sirius is $9.99 and XM is $12.99.

Actually Sirius is $12.95 but who's counting.:iono:

Also December and January were the only months that Sirius has outsold XM in their history. And it was not at 2 to 1. Just keep drinking the Howard Stern Kool-Aid and using that Howie math.

"Hoo Hoo I invented everything !! Tell'em Fred!!!":thumbup:

TheDome

faster than u think u are
BillyInLasVegas said:
Ok, this part is pure ignorance, SIRIUS has always had 3 satellites in orbit and a large network of repeater stations, and unlike XM they have backup satellites ready to launch in case something should happen to one of the satellites in orbit.

Also SIRIUS is still commercial free unlike XM and you can listen to SIRIUS online without having to pay extra like XM.

And if you doubt any of this info go to their website and download their annual report. I'm a stockholder so I have a copy of it in my hands.

Go with SIRIUS.
Wrong....XM has the repeaters...always has.....in fact it's the largest repeater network in the US......XM is also free on line now......XM IS commercial free on all music channels........and if your looking at the stock report.....and think it's good for sirius.......turn it over it's upside down!!

It really does come down to your programming prefreance......My GTI has Sirius......i wanted XM but they found the car i wanted with Sirius......My hondas Has Both......depends on what i want to listen too

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
XM:
170 Channels (69 Music)
80 Online Radio Channels (Free)
Mostly Commercial Free
$12.99/mnth

Sirius:
125 Channels (67 Music)
65 Online Radio Channels (Free)
100% Commercial Free
$12.95/mnth

As you can see, they're similar. It's a matter of which sports you want, which talk junk you want and exclusive content choices. Honostly, having listened to both they're pretty much the same. I dont think it's as big a deal as everyone seems to make it out to be.

If you're a MLB/Nascar fan you're better off with XM, if you're an NFL fan you're better off with Sirius.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
kuhla said:
XM. Used it my Brother's SUV, and couldn't get myself off channels 80-84 (the techno channels) since there are no FM alternatives.
Thank you!!! I love those channels but seem to hang out on XM 84 Chill the most. I was going to let my subscription lapse after the first 3 months free and then I found those channels and have since decided to keep, better yet...can't live without them. I almost never listen to my CD's anymore. 2 months ago I would have told you I never listen to anything but CD's and haven't for years. But XM has changed all that.