GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTF? Is this normal?

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Got my suspension setup installed recently, and when going over mid-large sized bumps in the road the front end clanks and clunks around like crazy and it doesn't feel like the shock is absorbing the impact like it supposed to.. The rears feel perfect. No clunking or abnormal noises. I looked under the car and saw this?!

H&R Supersports have 5 coils in between the 2 smaller coils that are seated in the Strut/strut mount..So out of the 5 that are there, 4 of them are almost touching and the 5th has only a slight gap.. This can't be normal? If it means anything, the bumpstops were never cut. I'm 24.5 FTG in the front.. Also, this pic was taken with the wheels at full lock, I had no other way of getting one with them straight

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Super sports compress like crazy, I know that. But that might be too much.

Struts don't hold the car up, the springs do. If you're not getting rebound, then your strut may be bad.

If your car is dumped even though you have a cup kit, than your springs might be shot.

I'll try and see what mine look like, koni yellows and supersports

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Car(s)
GLI
Install upside down?
clunking and binding are common problems w/ progressive spring.
8442541045_aec4973dfe_b.jpg

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Pic doesnt look right. Should have gaps in spring.

ehancock

Ready to race!
I have supersports on my car. Replying so I'll remember to take a picture for you tomorrow

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Did you ever figure out if the springs were installed upside down or not?

My LR spring was installed upside down, irrelevant to what was going on here though.

For the record, the way the springs compress in this picture is totally normal..