GOLFMKV

WTB: Driver's side OEM Xenon Headlight

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
Damaged my D/S Xenon and looking for part number:

1K6941040A

I don't think you can buy housing individually (which is the only damaged part).

PM me if you have one

Androo

lolwut... ??
1) sorry to hear
2) :O what happened?
3) Don't have one sorry.

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
Fucked it while trying to install the OSIR headlight kit. Scratched the chrome, and mottled/melted some of the clear lense on the indicator plastic. Pissed off.

Will be selling the kit if anyone else is game. The OSIR parts are fine and untouched.

Last edited:

sikx5

Ready to race!
You can buy the housing individually. I have enquired about it.

You just need to re-use your old bulbs/xenon ballasts.

Its around $350 for the housing, if i remember correctly. From VW Spares, that was trade price too.

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
You can buy the housing individually. I have enquired about it.

You just need to re-use your old bulbs/xenon ballasts.

Its around $350 for the housing, if i remember correctly. From VW Spares, that was trade price too.

Do you have a part number for that? I can't seem to track one down. My local dealer claimed they could only sell it in full.

If you've got a part number, I'll track it down. Can't see one on ETKA either.

sikx5

Ready to race!
Do you have a part number for that? I can't seem to track one down. My local dealer claimed they could only sell it in full.

If you've got a part number, I'll track it down. Can't see one on ETKA either.

Have been quoted:
VW - 1K6941040A, RH GAS DISCHARG - $611.41 including xenon control unit(ballast).

Don't have the part number for the housing itself, but it can be purchased on its own. Some of the parts guys are a bit flakey and don't know much about the car or the parts system. Hopefully you find someone who knows there way around.

futility

I don't have a part # for you, but have found the housing at 1stvwparts.com - here's their description:

Description - Year - MSRP - Your Price
Headlamp assy Left - Gti - Gti 06-07 $420.00 $311.22

If you can't find the part #, perhaps this might work for you. Hope it helps you out!

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
I don't have a part # for you, but have found the housing at 1stvwparts.com - here's their description:

Description - Year - MSRP - Your Price
Headlamp assy Left - Gti - Gti 06-07 $420.00 $311.22

If you can't find the part #, perhaps this might work for you. Hope it helps you out!

Thanks futility, but there's no indication as to whether that's for the xenons. They also don't ship to Aus, and if I could get them to manage it, the price would negate any savings.

futility

Ah, well...

It was worth a shot - the diagram at the site with an exploded parts view seemed to indicate that it would be for the bare housing, minus your electricals. Moot point if they won't ship to you. Best of luck in your quest.