GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wrapped front bumper

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
So I have the opportunity to buy a used front bumper with a molded lip and some road rash. I plan on fixing the road rash, reinforcing it with fiberglass, smoothing out the front filling in everything and then wrapping it in 3M Dinoc Carbon Fiber vinyl.
What do you guys think of that?

Basically Im trying to avoid having to paint the bumper and then get a clear bra put on it.
I have an Osir CF hood with the "wings" painted BMP to match the paint and a clear bra put on it, and all of that was spensive!
I also have the OSIR CF wing extension and my interior accent pieces are wrapped in 3M Dinoc CF vinyl already as well as the front mask.

If I buy the bumper and wrap it I might end up unwrapping the front mask as that might be a little much.
Im also debating wrapping the fenders if it will help the theme, but at that point I think it might be too much CF stuff...

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Nobody has any thoughts on wrapping a bumper in vinyl?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I think it'd look bad IMO. Getting the bumper from Dave? :lol:

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
DiNOC is a mate and textured material opposed to the clearcoated carbon fiber in the OSIR hood.
I don't think it will look good, some time ago I bought a few feet of DiNOC to wrap the hatch or the hood (wasn't sure which one at the time) and after laying the material over the car to get a better idea of the final look I ended up splitting it and selling it to some friends that wanted to wrap their interior trim

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I think it'd look bad IMO. Getting the bumper from Dave? :lol:
Yeah, thats the game plan, haha good guess.

Its gonna look like poop, just save and get it painted properly.
Shit, thats what Im trying to avoid, the bumper has some damage to it and I am confident in my abilities to repair it good enough to be wrapped in vinyl, but not good enough for paint....

DiNOC is a mate and textured material opposed to the clearcoated carbon fiber in the OSIR hood.
I don't think it will look good, some time ago I bought a few feet of DiNOC to wrap the hatch or the hood (wasn't sure which one at the time) and after laying the material over the car to get a better idea of the final look I ended up splitting it and selling it to some friends that wanted to wrap their interior trim

I heard back from some local places do vinyl car wraps, the 3M Dinoc isnt made for external surfaces, they recommend they use the 3M 1080 CF vinyl for external surfaces.

I currently have my front mask wrapped in 3M Dinoc and it looks great, but it will clash with the 1080, Im thinking if I wrap the bumper in 1080 and remove the Dinoc on the mask it would look alright.

Thanks guys