GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Would you consider the R32 somewhat problematic?

xxForgedxx

Ready to race!
I have seen more and more "wtf is wrong" threads as the mileage piles on with the MKV. I was wondering if you consider the MKV R32 a problematic car, or typical VW/Audi. Why or why not?

gatorjake

.:Roc on...
i'm at 30K miles and have had No problems with my .:R, except waiting a full year to get my holeless grill.

that1guy

Banned
Car(s)
2007 G35 Coupe
I don't think that the R32 is very problematic at all. In fact, I think that VW as a company is not too problematic, it's just that the VW owners are a little more finicky, which isn't a bad thing.

Mms

MmS
Car(s)
Golf R32
Im at 3044 km and have had No problems with it untill now , it's great car

9Schnell

Euro-Elitist
Car(s)
2010 CC Lux
No.
10,700 miles and only had to replace the driver wiper so far, no issues.

.:R #2734

Ready to race!
At 2500 miles had the hiccuping issue, got flashed, issue went away, I am now @ 16,500 miles, and the issue is back but worse. Besides that, everything is good except for the squeeky brakes, but that is expected for bigger brakes.

Blitzen

Professional .....
Why yahoo, why?! READ THE THREAD!

ok jk, but really why?

NO > aka he had no problems why should he explain that? A YES needs that (> Which issue popped up).

I think there are no major issue for an R32. Some people have issues, but I think being an enthusiast car you will hear people complain about thing that the typical Honda Accord owner won't even notice.

Eilig

I coulda had a V8
Four VW's registered to me in the the family.

08 R32 9K miles (mine)... Bought ion Dec '07 no significant issues. Had a bad gas cap on delivery. Not a daily driver as I have a company car.

06 Beetle Cab 31K miles (daughter #1)...
No issues regular maintenance

05 Touareg V8 44K miles (wife)... Stuck thermostat covered by warranty, replaced stereo head unit also warranty, otherwise no faults.

02 Jetta 1.8 turbo 93K miles (daughter #2)... Normal wear and tear items for high mileage car. The biggest was a water pump at 72K allowing for simultaneous replacement of cam belt and tensioners. Interior is crap and falling apart but mechanically sound.

Ps... OP I would keep the "anthrax" comments to a minimum unless you'd like a visit from the Feds

Last edited:

sectr9er

Passed Driver's Ed
I have 15,000 miles on my .:R & I have not had any problems. I traded up from a 05 GTI & the three (3) years that I had that I had no issues. Before my GTI I had a 97 Golf & my tranny went after 60,000 miles & VW replaced that under warranty, other than that no major issues & it is still on the road ( i gave it to my dad & he uses it as his dd)