Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

My12GTI

Ready to race!
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU JUST PUT "NO." DONATING WOULD NOT BE MANDATORY.

Due to other interest in another thread, I thought we could open a new thread to maybe get some attention from the Admin.

A few of us were discussing the perks to becoming a "donating member." What this means is you can donate a little bit every year ($5-20, depending on what admin decides) and you get features no one else gets. Some ideas were the ability to change where it says "Autocross Champion, Formula 3000 Champion, etc." to whatever you want, a particular section for "Donating Members Only," and possibly the ability to enter a "Ride of the Month" contest which could possibly have prizes for the winner (gift card to one of our vendors websites)...I think it would be an all-win situation.

Our funds would need to come back to us in some way though. They need to be used to keep the speed of the site up and maybe towards the overhead that comes with making schwag for us.

If you have other ideas or opinions feel free to post them up.

So far, these our the ideas:

-ROTM Contests with a vendor sponsoring each month with a small gift card or whatever they'd like
-Edit your "Member Status" (Autocross Champion to something like "Resident Smartass" and nobody can take that now haha)
-"Donating Members Only" Section
-Ability for animated Avatars/Signatures (Same size restrictions)

Keep going and I'll update with new ideas and we can see where this goes.

Last edited:

My12GTI

Ready to race!
I know a lot of people don't enjoy Vortex because of the general attitude of the members. I agree with them. It wouldn't be a mandatory thing, you just wouldn't get the "perks" donating members get.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
No I wouldn't pay, I'd spend more time over at vortex

$5 / year is well worth it for this over Vortex :laugh:

I know a lot of people don't enjoy Vortex because of the general attitude of the members. I agree with them. It wouldn't be a mandatory thing, you just wouldn't get the "perks" donating members get.

^^^ this. Not mandatory to donate, just upgradeable options.

JDM713

Go Kart Champion

I agree for sure, a lot of elitist douchebagy attitudes over there, especially the little group of guys who are all "bags bags bags and nothing else"

Just saying I wouldn't want to pay for the use of any forum. I'm sure other people might be interested.

As long as at least part of the funds go into making the site more reliable and keeping its speed consistent then I'm all for it!

arichmond1003

Ready to race!
Would donate, I don't like the idea of a members only section because members or forum visitors who are interested in buying a golf can get really useful info.
I do think that the money should go towards site maintenance, and/ or a months (small) prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.