GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Work Shenanigans

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Sounds like they need some writers with a spine. And reducing the techs labor time is the wrong way to 'fix' the bill. Unless he pulled it out of his ass lol
I’ve been beating that dead horse for almost a dozen years. The guys in service really hate when I push back and refuse to work, literally for free. They look at me and say, “It takes you 2 minutes to do it.” Incorrect, it took me 20 years to learn to do it in 2 minutes. You do it.

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
I’ve been beating that dead horse for almost a dozen years. The guys in service really hate when I push back and refuse to work, literally for free. They look at me and say, “It takes you 2 minutes to do it.” Incorrect, it took me 20 years to learn to do it in 2 minutes. You do it.
Reminds me of the story of the guy that retired from his company after many years. Company calls the guy in a panic because they can’t figure out what’s wrong with the system.

Guy says he’ll come in as a consultant for $10,000. It’s urgent and costly, so the company agrees.

Guy walks in, looks around for about a minute and flips a switch. Everything starts working.

Company guy says, “you expect us to pay you $10,000 for flipping a stupid switch?!?!”

Retired guy says “no, I expect you to pay me $10,000 for knowing which switch to flip”.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Reminds me of the story of the guy that retired from his company after many years. Company calls the guy in a panic because they can’t figure out what’s wrong with the system.

Guy says he’ll come in as a consultant for $10,000. It’s urgent and costly, so the company agrees.

Guy walks in, looks around for about a minute and flips a switch. Everything starts working.

Company guy says, “you expect us to pay you $10,000 for flipping a stupid switch?!?!”

Retired guy says “no, I expect you to pay me $10,000 for knowing which switch to flip”.
Right. I quit a job one time and my supervisor messages me about 6 months later asking if I wanted to go back. Uhhh, no I don't. That's why I quit. lol

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R

I’ve had that call. I don’t help. Sorry, you don’t want to try and keep me when I’m there, I’m not helping you for nothing.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Yeah a person who retired from my company still sits in on meetings for the digital transformation project we’ve got going on since she was the primary architect who helped configure, implement, and support our SAP platform for the last 25-30ish years. She’s a contractor making like $500 an hour on top of the multi million dollar stock payout she got when she retired... lol

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted

this is my skill set....knowing what switch to flip is why they put up with me.