GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wing mirror removal will it trigger light?

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Are you talking about your side mirrors? and do you mean permanently removing them? If so, I don't believe you get a "bulb out" warning...

If you are talking about taking it apart & putting it back together, then I'm 100% sure you wont get a warning.

LukeHS3

Ready to race!
Are you talking about your side mirrors? and do you mean permanently removing them? If so, I don't believe you get a "bulb out" warning...

If you are talking about taking it apart & putting it back together, then I'm 100% sure you wont get a warning.

yes mate side mirrors, i will be permantley removing them and replacing them for different mirrors without indicators?

LukeHS3

Ready to race!
cars at the garage having the motor built atm dude or i would have, just getting a few ideals on exterior parts.. if anybody could be so kind to do this for me and see if its okay on theres would really appreciate it, as want to order the mirrors tonight :)

thanks

gerrywac

Passed Driver's Ed
Removal of the mirrors wont throw a dash light but it will throw an internal fault code that will show in a dealer or VCDS diagnostic as the LED indicators are monitored

I know this as one of my indicators had been dud for a long time before I got round to changing it and it only showed up in diagnostic checks

LukeHS3

Ready to race!
Removal of the mirrors wont throw a dash light but it will throw an internal fault code that will show in a dealer or VCDS diagnostic as the LED indicators are monitored

are you 100%? as im going to go ahead and order if so? i dont think mine are led? thought they where just bulbs? but cant remember havent seen my car in months lol

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M

are you 100%? as im going to go ahead and order if so? i dont think mine are led? thought they where just bulbs? but cant remember havent seen my car in months lol
All mk5 side mirror indicators are LED modules.
Like gerrywac, I also had a mirror inidicator fail. No dash inidciator light,
but a fault code in the door controller that drives that light was stored.
Address 42: Door Elect, Driver Labels: 1K0-959-701-MIN2.lbl
Part No: 1K0 959 701 K
Component: Tuer-SG 024 2375
Coding: 0001141
Shop #: WSC 01287 785 00200

1 Fault Found:
00109 - Left Mirror Turn Signal Lamp (L131)
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit - Intermittent​
You can turn off the mirror turn signal support in the door controller
which should eliminate the error. Simply subtract 4 from the value currently stored in the controller