GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will these fit?

Maxthemutt

Hi. Long time lurker first time poster. I've wanted a GTI since 1984. Go Rabbit! I bought a 17 Sport DSG a couple weeks ago.

Tonight I bought a set of Audi 17x8 47et wheels off CL. I had a set of Michelin snow tires 225/55/17 for my Accord. I'm trying to sell the Accord snow wheel tire combo but if they don't sell will the Audi wheels clear the PP brakes and will the tires fit the car. I don't care that the speedo will be off.

https://www.hubcaphaven.com/p/16231/aly58837-58910-audi-a4-wheel-silver-painted-8k0601025c.html

I couldn't get the pics small enough but the link is representative of the wheels I bought.

Thanks for the help, Max.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
I don't think they'll fit without rubbing. That's a big tire. It will also throw your speedometer and odometer off 6.4%. That's 5mph slow at 70 mph.

Maxthemutt

Thanks for the replies. It looks like they'll be 1.5inches larger
I'll measure and see how much extra room there is now.

Or maybe hope the old ones sell next year and look for a deal on the right size at the end of this year.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I don't think they'll fit without rubbing. That's a big tire. It will also throw your speedometer and odometer off 6.4%. That's 5mph slow at 70 mph.

But on the plus side, they'll also make the odometer read fewer miles than the vehicle has actually traveled, effectively extending the warranty!

Engineer90

Ready to race!
Thanks for the link. I'll look into the mod.

Now that I think of it, are you lowered? You'll guaranteed rub if it's lowered.

Also, try it one wheel first in the front, make sure that it will clear the bottom strut housing. Slight possibility it will hit that since it's a bigger diameter tire