GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wide tires

Toothless

Passed Driver's Ed
What's the widest tire you have on your MK7 GTI? I have 8.5" wide rims with 225/40/18 tires so I'm looking to get wider tires. Post pics too please!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

hobie411

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m running 19x9 et52, 245/35r19 tires. VWR springs, removed fender screw. No rubbing, but it’s pretty tight. I can’t get my pinky between the tire and strut.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
That looks fabulous. Not brave enough to go with 19's, but that's making me reconsider.

Which Audi wheels are those?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
That looks fabulous. Not brave enough to go with 19's, but that's making me reconsider.

Which Audi wheels are those?
8S0 601 025 F

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
8S0 601 025 F

Damn. $850 a wheel. I know oem wheels are overpriced, but that's crazy. Only used ones I found were $375 each. Are they forged or something?

Sorry to sidetrack OP. Carry on

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Damn. $850 a wheel. I know oem wheels are overpriced, but that's crazy. Only used ones I found were $375 each. Are they forged or something?

Sorry to sidetrack OP. Carry on
I can't confirm that they are, but it appears they may be. For comparisons sake, this is a similar sized wheel from Audi that is indeed, forged: 420601025AT

To stay on topic, OP, you can go as wide as 235 in most cases. Be warned, not all 235 width tires are the same width(Cont vs Michelin), and anything past 235 width is hit or miss. I've read about posters who complained about rubbing like crazy with 245s, and others that get away with 255s.

Last edited:

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie
255/35/18 (Firestone Indy 500's and Michelin A/S3+) on an 18x9 ET45 wheel. No rubbing on EMD Auto (Emmanuelle Designs) 1" lowering springs. No pics, because I suck. I can probably take some later today if interested.

Toothless

Passed Driver's Ed
I can't confirm that they are, but it appears they may be. For comparisons sake, this is a similar sized wheel from Audi that is indeed, forged: 420601025AT

To stay on topic, OP, you can go as wide as 235 in most cases. Be warned, not all 235 width tires are the same width(Cont vs Michelin), and anything past 235 width is hit or miss. I've read about posters who complained about rubbing like crazy with 245s, and others that get away with 255s.
I would like to go with the 255....10"+ of tire [emoji869]

Toothless

Passed Driver's Ed
255/35/18 (Firestone Indy 500's and Michelin A/S3+) on an 18x9 ET45 wheel. No rubbing on EMD Auto (Emmanuelle Designs) 1" lowering springs. No pics, because I suck. I can probably take some later today if interested.
Haha...yes, pics please.

Ander49

255’s

I am running 255 35 r 18 - r71r bridgestones on 8.5” wheels 45 mm offset. Adjusted rear camber to -2.75 deg, fender screw mod on front. Bilstein coilovers approx 1” drop.