GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why the Boost gauge is less by ~2-3PSI?!

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I don't know why the Boost gauge is ~2-3PSI off like the attached pic?

The gauge read like the attached photo while I am not pressing the Acceleration Pedal. Also, the less ~2-3PSI appears when I do data-logging, so I can see 25PSI in the data-logging file while I only see 22PSI in the Boost Gauge.

The Gauge is connected to the Forge Boost gauge fitting kit.

How can I fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_5002 - Sized.JPG
    IMG_5002 - Sized.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 250

kal-el

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 MkV GTI
Boost gauges aren't perfect. The measurement you are showing when at idle is right where my gauge was (when I had it installed).

The best measurement, as you've already done, is directly from data logging.

But you could make sure your line is free of any kinks or sharp bends and make sure your connections are tight.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
It reads zero when the engine is off? most gauges have some kind of adjustment hole in the back, i have one from Newsouth and after some time it was reading a bit lower than usual, more vacuum and a couple PSI less, give it a try.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Boost gauges aren't perfect. The measurement you are showing when at idle is right where my gauge was (when I had it installed).

The best measurement, as you've already done, is directly from data logging.

But you could make sure your line is free of any kinks or sharp bends and make sure your connections are tight.

I checked all of the above and it's the same :iono:

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
It reads zero when the engine is off? most gauges have some kind of adjustment hole in the back, i have one from Newsouth and after some time it was reading a bit lower than usual, more vacuum and a couple PSI less, give it a try.

Yes, It reads zero when the engine is off. That's why I didn't if there is a hole in the back or not.