GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why does BBC do this?

Genome

Hippest Teacher. Ever.
I always thought that a president would be addressed like this- President Obama. Even in newspapers and such. How come BBC articles never give President Obama that title?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8356094.stm

"This dramatic intervention seems to put the envoy at odds with generals wanting reinforcements, correspondents say.

On Wednesday, Mr Obama he held his eighth meeting in a series aimed at refocusing Afghan policy.

Mr Eikenberry, a former US commander in Afghanistan, also raised concerns about corruption within the Afghan government."

Just curious and still kind of drunk from last night.

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
Car(s)
'08 GTI DSG
It's their news 'style', if you will.

They referred to him twice as President Obama at the beginning of the article, then as Mr. Obama later in the article.

NPR does the same thing, except they drop the label 'President' after the first time they say it in a piece.

There is no disrespect implied in the practice, they (NPR) did the same thing with Bush. I'm sure it's no different with the BBC.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
hmmm

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
Car(s)
'08 GTI DSG
They are both far-left stations, so you should know they are not disrespecting him.

Seeing as the first B in BBC stands for British, and they are based in England, I really don't think they lean left or right in our political affairs. I think they just report. :iono:

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
They are both far-left stations, so you should know they are not disrespecting him.

Yeah BBC is not far left...they are one of the few credible news agencies we are privileged to have in America.