GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why do these pictures look like crap?

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
Some shots I took this weekend. I think I have some setting fucked up on my DSLR. I took these with my Nikon D80. I also took pics with my LG Dare that look great while these look like grainy garbage. Is my ISO too high or something?! I put it on auto and it used to take great pictures but now they're pure shit! Any ideas?

Streetlight

Banned
They do look awfully grainy, I would check your ISO...btw you didn't include the photos, but I saw them on another thread.

SimonSaysGTI

Ready to race!
I see them, I would check your ISO the lower the ISO you can shoot the better. The graininess might also have to do with glare from the sun

Car(s)
08 UG GTi
tripod will help. also try hosting in Flickr it really helps with the quality in your photos.

Loveisjustacamoflouge

Ready to race!
Use tripod, check your iso..it should be on 100 most of the time. Don't take shots directly into the sun. That first pic is blown out like crazy.

My guess is your iso is at 6400 or something.

Loveisjustacamoflouge

Ready to race!
ouch

Well, you are using a Nikon...first mistake. :fighting0030:

Just kidding....orrrrr am I? lol

Learn to use your camera beyond automatic mode. You will get much better results. Best thing I did was subscribed to magazines for photography and pick up a book or two for your camera specific.

AAAAnd, never shoot into the sun. Especially when shooting a car.