GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has more warranty works on his/her car than I do??

Donald32

Backseat Driver
Front struts replaced
Front coils replaced
Fuel pump replaced
Front struts replaced again
Fuel pump replaced again
Megatronics unit replaced
DSG replaced
Starter Motor replaced
A/C compressor replaced
Water pump to be replaced 11 March??

Even though CCC has been marvellous in helping me resolve these issues, it's beginning to piss me off a little

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
Ive had my fuel pump replaced!

Chico

Ready to race!
Front struts replaced
Front coils replaced
Fuel pump replaced
Front struts replaced again
Fuel pump replaced again
Megatronics unit replaced
DSG replaced
Starter Motor replaced
A/C compressor replaced
Water pump to be replaced 11 March??

Even though CCC has been marvellous in helping me resolve these issues, it's beginning to piss me off a little

Wo, bummer...you're obviously never going to try and sell your car on this forum?

mister_duck

In search of Sunrise
Car(s)
07 VW Golf TDi
starter motor
2 turbo's
engine
exhaust
water pump
cruise control
A/C compressor and condensor
clutch
flywheel

Im pretty sure thats everything

REDMKVGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Strangely similar to you in some regards actually. Think I've had more visits, but most were in regards to the same issue.

Steering rack replaced
Steering rack replaced again
Some "VW approved modification" dome to try and fix issue
Front coils replaced
Front Struts replaced
Strut top mounts replaced and some other bearings (this happened the next day when the Strut replacement didn't fix the issue)
Some shield on the brakes replaced
Few rattles addressed

Next visit (last one under original warranty) they are going to replace the rain sensors.

Thinking I'll buy a Mazda next...

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Shit guys, that's some hefty repair lists! :eyebulge:

Schnitzel Baby

Bright shirt, dull mind
Car(s)
Golf MK5 GTi
Maybe I'm a sceptical bastard, but I don't believe half of the above items were ever replaced. A steering rack twice? a fuel pump twice? what are the chances of getting two duds? Coils? what the hell can go wrong with coils? They allegedly replaced my steering rack too. Made absolutely no difference because the problem was the strut tops. I also couldn't find any evidence of the rack actually being replaced ie all of the road grime was still on it.

zogger

Ready to race!
hell i am on my 5th lumber support replacement on the drivers seat. Even had a rep from volkswagen inspect the car.

Donald32

Backseat Driver
I'm still under original warranty and have bought extended one too. But like the guys said, it's the frequent visits to Artarmon, leaving the car there, picking it up and also the inconvenience of not having the car for days each time, 35 days for DSG replacement.

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
Schnitzel Baby said:
Maybe I'm a sceptical bastard, but I don't believe half of the above items were ever replaced. A steering rack twice? a fuel pump twice? what are the chances of getting two duds? Coils? what the hell can go wrong with coils? They allegedly replaced my steering rack too. Made absolutely no difference because the problem was the strut tops. I also couldn't find any evidence of the rack actually being replaced ie all of the road grime was still on it.

Tony had 3 steering racks replaced!! It happens!

KWICKS

Now older and wiser
Car(s)
GTI, Liberty 3.0RB
Golf's been good - one strut replaced to sort a rattle and it wasn't the strut.

Liberty RB list looks like this:

Seat trim
Stereo headunit
Amp
Lower control arm bushes
Discs x2
Brake pads x3
Front Carpets
Boot trim
Engine - fitted 4 times before they stopped it leaking oil.
Clutch
Power steering pump
More boot trim - same bit

Most reliable car owned - Hyundai Excel - 10 years not a thing broke. 1 set of tyres, one battery, OEM pads after 110000kms. Written off in a love tap.

Agree with OP, it starts to wear you down when you get a car that has a fair few issues.

Donald32

Backseat Driver

The coils and struts were replaced as part of the TSB groaning issue when VW was still stuffing around. These days I believe they replace the mounts. After two pumps, they re-jigged the fuel lines and solved the humming issue. Whether they actually replaced all the items, including the fuel pumps, who knows? but the service invoices show items replaced under warranty. The point is the hassle of having to bring the darn car in for works.