GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has/had COVID?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Just had a portion of our extended family get it. Family of four, everyone had it. Parents both hospitalized at one point and both turned into COVID pneumonia. The father passed yesterday morning...he was 50, with two sons 12 and 17.
Damn dude that’s terrible

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just had a portion of our extended family get it. Family of four, everyone had it. Parents both hospitalized at one point and both turned into COVID pneumonia. The father passed yesterday morning...he was 50, with two sons 12 and 17.
So sorry.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
My grandmothers brother is 78 and had it. Went to the hospital and when they did an x ray of his chest they found a tumor. Turns out he was lucky to get covid as they got rid of the tumor. He is fine now. My grandmother went to get her vaccine and prior to issuing one, in Serbia they give you a rapid test. Well, they tested her, turns out she was positive; 86 years old, no symptoms.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope their mother pulls through.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
My brothers, their wives, and kids have all had it. My sister has had it as well, all lost their sense of taste and smell. However, relatively healthy... none of the pre-existing conditions that cause severe issues. They all recovered within a week, with senses coming back within a month. Sister has pretty bad asthma and did okay with it. They had her back in the hospital working after like 11 days, apparently sick leave sucks for NPs.

quadiste

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 VW Golf GTI mk6

That's so sad. An aunt also passed away due to COVID-19 while were isolating.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
So sort of a sidebar, if there's no plan of rolling back mask wearing and all the other restrictions, what's the benefit of risking these wonky side effects I keep hearing about? And we still have no idea what the long term effects of the vaccine are. I hate sounding like an anti-vaxxer, which I'm not, but it just seems like the risks aren't worth it. Maybe I should get the vaccine while I'm still in the Army so I can claim 100% disability when it gives me some sort of wonky health defect.
No benefits.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Whole family got it early March. My family, 3 cousin's families, 2 uncle's families. For us, Fatigue and loss of appetite for 10 days , loss of taste for 3 weeks (for me it was just sour - could eat a lemon and it was kind of sweet). Not much else. Wife lost taste for a lot longer, still not completely back.

2 uncle's in their 70's got it, one with hypertension and other with diabetes and hypertension. They were fine.

Completely speculative and anecdotal. but feel like those that have lived in 3rd world countries and been exposed to more bacteria and viruses seem to fare better. The whole eating dirt builds immunity.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Whole family got it early March. My family, 3 cousin's families, 2 uncle's families. For us, Fatigue and loss of appetite for 10 days , loss of taste for 3 weeks (for me it was just sour - could eat a lemon and it was kind of sweet). Not much else. Wife lost taste for a lot longer, still not completely back.

2 uncle's in their 70's got it, one with hypertension and other with diabetes and hypertension. They were fine.

Completely speculative and anecdotal. but feel like those that have lived in 3rd world countries and been exposed to more bacteria and viruses seem to fare better. The whole eating dirt builds immunity.
I have an inborn resistance because Chernobyl.