GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has/had COVID?

JerrBear

Ready to race!
Had it near the end of 2019 in November. 105 degree fever, body aches, chills and fatigue to the point where I couldn't sit up to be on my computer for more than 5 minutes before needing to lay back down. Had to call out of work 4 days in a row because I couldn't even drive myself. Took me about 8 days to start feeling decent.

The scary thing was the effects after when I would do any kind of running or intense workout I wouldn't be able to breathe. It felt like no air was getting absorbed in my lungs and my hands and feet would go numb. This happened on and off for a couple months but after consistently working out again it has fortunately stopped. For background, I was 26 years old, no pre-existing conditions, and worked out 4-5 times a week. Everyone wants to talk about how low the death rate is but no one wants to recognize that you can have long term effects after, I consider myself lucky because I hear a lot of people who were very active end up not being able to workout without getting lightheaded and deprived of oxygen.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Had it near the end of 2019 in November. 105 degree fever, body aches, chills and fatigue to the point where I couldn't sit up to be on my computer for more than 5 minutes before needing to lay back down. Had to call out of work 4 days in a row because I couldn't even drive myself. Took me about 8 days to start feeling decent.

The scary thing was the effects after when I would do any kind of running or intense workout I wouldn't be able to breathe. It felt like no air was getting absorbed in my lungs and my hands and feet would go numb. This happened on and off for a couple months but after consistently working out again it has fortunately stopped. For background, I was 26 years old, no pre-existing conditions, and worked out 4-5 times a week. Everyone wants to talk about how low the death rate is but no one wants to recognize that you can have long term effects after, I consider myself lucky because I hear a lot of people who were very active end up not being able to workout without getting lightheaded and deprived of oxygen.
Nov '19?!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Unfortunately, you may not be out of the woods, we don't know if covid will have longterm impacts on your organs. In 10 years we could at an epidemic of post covid heart valve failure, renal failure, diabetes, etc.....

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Family just came down with covid. Yay. I wonder if my Army anthrax vaccine will help at all lol

Hope so... At that point it would have been good for something. 🤣

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Unfortunately, you may not be out of the woods, we don't know if covid will have longterm impacts of your organs. In 10 years we could at an epidemic of post covid heart valve failure, renal failure, diabetes, etc.....
The bearer of potentially bad news. Now the poor guy will become a hypochondriac with every little symptom. 😂

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The bearer of potentially bad news. Now the poor guy will become a hypochondriac with every little symptom. 😂
Hypochondriacs can't cause mitral valve damage.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
bing bow bada bing bow. binga bango bang bang

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I meant he will be watching for symptoms because you scared him. Which creates stress which can cause many problems.
Not trying to scare anyone, that's just the reality of the situation.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Bro, come to the real COVID thread. About a half dozen of us and our families have had it. We all fully recovered.
Unless you are old or in bad health, it's nothing to worry about it.
My wife lost her taste, I didn't. It took about a month for hers to come back.

I wonder what my 40-year old buddy with no underlying health conditions or co-morbidities would say about this who was on the verge of needing a respirator back in December but because he was "too young" and the hospitals here were rationing ventilators and beds, told him he was out of luck. Fortunately he recovered after the most excrutiating 3 weeks of his life but still has a nagging cough almost 4 months later.

Reactions: WAP

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I wonder what my 40-year old buddy with no underlying health conditions or co-morbidities would say about this who was on the verge of needing a respirator back in December but because he was "too young" and the hospitals here were rationing ventilators and beds, told him he was out of luck. Fortunately he recovered after the most excrutiating 3 weeks of his life but still has a nagging cough almost 4 months later.
Exactly. Covid is no big deal, until it is and it affects you or someone close.

There are healthy kids in there 20's who needed lung transplants from Covid 19.

We also don't know the latent affects. It's going to be ugly in 10 years if these people that say they got it and it was no big deal end up with long term organ damage.

Don't listen to the morons. Get vaccinated and continue to wear masks and social distance inside and when in crowded outdoor spaces.

Last edited: