GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whiteline suspension products……..

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Sweet the install of the WALK doesnt look bad at all, I should be fine installing that.
I will order one with the next round of mods.

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
G’day everyone,

Hope you don't mind us popping in but were just told about this thread and thought we might try to help

To begin with, thanks so much for the positive feedback on the WALK, we like too.:biggrin:

SevenW, I wish I could say that the sliding stops were in stock and the issues sorted but unfortunately not. However, we're a lot closer to production of a solution that should fix this once and for all.

We are at the initial production stage of an aluminium lateral lock clamp kit that is DIY installed at the time of fitting the bar to ensure minimum lateral movement and optimal positioning. We'd like to include this with all sway bars (where applicable) and also make it available as an accessory. They will be also available in a range of sizes.

As is our policy, we'll support anyone that isn’t happy with their current product setup and offer direct assistance if you contact us. We really appreciate your patience and hope to be able to update it soon.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Whiteline Jim
www.whiteline.com.au

Very nice... i would definitely like to see this and try it out. im sure troy at group5 in San Diego can work out a deal with you guys to get me a set asap. but so far, i really really like the setup. It is very hard to explain how much joy i get from taking corners like there is no tomorrow.

amrjon

Ready to race!
We are at the initial production stage of an aluminium lateral lock clamp kit that is DIY installed at the time of fitting the bar to ensure minimum lateral movement and optimal positioning. We'd like to include this with all sway bars (where applicable) and also make it available as an accessory. They will be also available in a range of sizes.

Based on the clamps I've made up and installed, I can confirm that this is a completely sucessfull fix to the probelms. Not hard to make (took me a couple of hours from a peice of 12mm Al plate to finshed product installed). The performance of the bar is flawed without them, but good to hear you guys are getting onto it.

Last edited:

VW_GTI5

Eat Sleep VW
Those look nice they make bushing inserts too don't they? I was thinking about doing all of that madness when I get coilovers put on.

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
G’day everyone,

I guess that's the great thing about adjustable swaybars overall, being able to tune to individual setup and driving preferences.

Just to help, I'd suggest keeping in mind a couple of simple tests for setup balance. Our preference is to allow for neutral to mild understeer as the core balance for the car. The way we test for this is largely through throttle steer reaction.

To begin with, it's important to segment the corner into parts as simply applying an overall cornering understeer, oversteer and neutral steer label ignores the many different dynamic states. For example, corner entry will often see pretty strong understeer from the factory regardless of drive system or power. However, any reasonably powerful rear wheel drive car can be made to oversteer on corner exit, unlike a front wheel drive.

So handling bias tuning typically has effects on different corner segments and the 3 minimum ( there are more if getting down and dirty) stages can all have different behaviour profiles. But, before we get too worked up and focused on endless potential parameters, lest stick to steady-state cornering balance that's typically found on corner exit.

The rough test we use when tuning for a good balance or mix of bars or settings is to measure or "feel" the car's bias when lifting off mid corner. Needless to say you need to be careful when doing this but if set up nicely, a mid corner lift-off should see a slight tightening of the cornering line with the front tucking in.

Too much rotation or rear coming round and it will make it precarious on slippery surfaces or if any braking is needed. Too little tightening and the chassis will not respond to throttle steer making it sloppy and "doughy" to drive. We call that OEM "blanc mange" and too much of the "Wally Factor" :biggrin:

Anyway, hope that helps and let us know if we can contribute further.

Cheers
Whiteline Jim
www.whiteline.com.au

very good write up

Those look nice they make bushing inserts too don't they? I was thinking about doing all of that madness when I get coilovers put on.
u should

kidplatinum

Passed Driver's Ed
G’day everyone,

Hope you don't mind us popping in but were just told about this thread and thought we might try to help

To begin with, thanks so much for the positive feedback on the WALK, we like too.:biggrin:

SevenW, I wish I could say that the sliding stops were in stock and the issues sorted but unfortunately not. However, we're a lot closer to production of a solution that should fix this once and for all.

As is our policy, we'll support anyone that isn’t happy with their current product setup and offer direct assistance if you contact us. We really appreciate your patience and hope to be able to update it soon.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Whiteline Jim
www.whiteline.com.au

Hello Whiteline Jim,

Has the clamp solution to the sway bar movement been completed? I am in the process of ordering front and rear sway for my MKV R32, but I want to make sure I will have support to resolve this issue.

Also, it is recommended that I upgrade the endlinks, if so what brand? I read a post on this thread where some one advised the broke an endlink on the stiff setting...not sure what that was about.

Please PM a direct email to Whiteline also as I can not get the "contact us" to work on my PC.

Thanks in advance

Mike

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
G’day everyone,

Kidplatinum, probably best to contact support@whiteline.com.au direct in that case as they’ll follow up and advise what the latest news is on that front.

As for the links, hard to say as the Whiteline range doesn’t include an option as yet for the R32. Its not unusual to find stock links breaking when using bigger swaybars but that’s not something we’ve heard a lot about re the R32. Would there be much interest in the R32 community for this sort of upgrade if it was added to the range?

Cheers
Whiteline Jim
www.whiteline.com.au

i will definately email you guys regarding the clamp solution