GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whiteline suspension products……..

amrjon

Ready to race!
The whiteline bars are very good for handling – I’ve found a 24mm bar rear set to hard a great improvement in balancing out the understeer.
A few things to be aware of though.
As others have mentioned the bars lack a welded lug (or similar) that others have adjacent to the bush mounting points, to prevent lateral movement of the bar. The yellow rigs with the pinched metal clamps that come with them are useless. The lateral movements can be a fair bit and lead to clunking sounds too. Its also reported by several users that after some time the poly bushes become noisy as the grease thins out, and requires periodic re-greasing to keep them quiet. I actually think these 2 issues may be related. ie it is the lateral movement that carries the grease out of the bush.
The pic below shows both these problems. The clamp pushed out the side, showing the extent of the lateral movement and the grease spread out from the bush.

I’ve gone to the extent of making up some sturdy alloy clamps to prevent the movement. (see pics below with the clamp installed on the bar). Since these have been on there is no sideways movement of the bar at all, no noise, no clunks and all is good. Its only been about a month though, so too early to tell if these will prove my theory that stopping the sideways movement will fix the bush noise too by stoping the grease from being carried out as the bar slides through the bushes. Really the bars should come with something like this, or a welded lug or something similar from the start. As I’ve said those little yellow clamps are a waste of time.

Also note, that a solid 24mm bar is pretty stiff. I snapped an OEM end link with this bar on, so you might want to considering upgrading those too if your going with one of these bars.

Last edited:

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
The whiteline bars are very good for handling – I’ve found a 24mm bar rear set to hard a great improvement in balancing out the understeer.
A few things to be aware of though.
As others have mentioned the bars lack a welded lug (or similar) that others have adjacent to the bush mounting points, to prevent lateral movement of the bar. The yellow rigs with the pinched metal clamps that come with them are useless. The lateral movements can be a fair bit and lead to clunking sounds too. Its also reported by several users that after some time the poly bushes become noisy as the grease thins out, and requires periodic re-greasing to keep them quiet. I actually think these 2 issues may be related. ie it is the lateral movement carries the grease out of the bush.
The pic below shows both these problems. The clamp pushed out the side, showing the extent of the lateral movement and the grease spread out from the bush.

I’ve gone to the extent of making up some sturdy alloy clamps to prevent the movement. (see pics below with the clamp installed on the bar). Since these have been on there is no sideways movement of the bar at all, no noise, no clunks and all is good. Its only been about a month though, so too early to tell if these will prove my theory that stopping the sideways will movement fix the bush noise too by stoping the grease from being carried out as the bar slides through the bushes. Really the bars should come with something like this, or a welded lug or something similar from the start. As I’ve said those little yellow clamps are a waste of time.

Also note, that a solid 24mm bar is pretty stiff. I snapped an OEM end link with this bar on, so you might want to considering upgrading those too if your going with one of these bars.

thanx for input:thumbsup:

h0ckeyfreek20

Go Kart Champion
:thumbsup: would would be the best setting on both bars if i want it to perform like on a track but also be daily car? and i def dont want understeer. i was thining soft on front bar and full stiff on the rear bar

Go at least medium on the front bar, our front end is way too heavy.
I daily drive shit roads on medium stiff front and rear, but if went to the track id switch both to full stiff. autox might be a diff story.

The WALK is nasty, car is taken to a new level of handeling. Adding the FSB on top of that makes the car feel so solid.
i hit up your stretch bolt thread about the fsb.

To install the caster kit is ez comparatively.

1-On control arm "hinge": remove (1) 18mm bolt. (bolt is long and needs to be removed anyway for fsb)

2-Where control arm meets ball joint: remove (3) 16mm nuts.

3-On control arm mount: remove (1) 18mm bolt and (2) 16mm bolts

4-The control arm and mount should come right off. Hold the Control arm between your legs and pop the Mount off. Be sure to admire how non-performance engineered the GTI is.

5-The Whiteline control arm mount will slide onto the control arm no problem. i used some sway bar grease to lube that polyurthane. also replaced the 18mm bolt with passat bolts i posted in fsb thread, as well as torque specs.

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Go at least medium on the front bar, our front end is way too heavy.
I daily drive shit roads on medium stiff front and rear, but if went to the track id switch both to full stiff. autox might be a diff story.

The WALK is nasty, car is taken to a new level of handeling. Adding the FSB on top of that makes the car feel so solid.
i hit up your stretch bolt thread about the fsb.

To install the caster kit is ez comparatively.

1-On control arm "hinge": remove (1) 18mm bolt. (bolt is long and needs to be removed anyway for fsb)

2-Where control arm meets ball joint: remove (3) 16mm nuts.

3-On control arm mount: remove (1) 18mm bolt and (2) 16mm bolts

4-The control arm and mount should come right off. Hold the Control arm between your legs and pop the Mount off. Be sure to admire how non-performance engineered the GTI is.

5-The Whiteline control arm mount will slide onto the control arm no problem. i used some sway bar grease to lube that polyurthane. also replaced the 18mm bolt with passat bolts i posted in fsb thread, as well as torque specs.

im not installing it, but i wanted to get new bolts:thumbsup:

Adzy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Car
I have the 22mm Whiteline bar on the back of mine. End links are fine and I have had nothing but smiles since installing.

Adzy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Car
why would you go to a smaller rsb?

My standard rear sway bar was 21.6mm hollow and I believe the wall thickness is around 2.5mm. The Whiteline is solid steel which ends up being 50% more rigid than the standard one.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Ive always had a question about installing the WALK.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/instruction/Z5103_KCA316.pdf
On the WALK installation guide step 5 is:
5. Using a suitable press and press tools, remove the old bush and housing from the control arm rear mounting point. Discard.

However in your small guide you dont mention a press, is this step even necessary? Hell after completeing the step they say to discard it. Im just really confused and this is one of the things keeping me from purchasing the WALK as I dont have a press.

bRett 32

Ready to race!
You certainly shouldn't need a press, I've seen 3 or 4 installed and none have required a press to remove the OE rear control arm mount.

I considered selling the front control arms and WALK already installed onto a set of control arms and just doing like a 'core' setup where people would send their control arms back as the front bushings do require a press to remove the OEM rubber bushings, but I haven't seen to many folks having issues removing the OEM rear mounts to install the WALK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pscUai_ACUI

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
WOW, thanks for the vid.
Thats exactly what I needed to see.
Ill keep my eyes peeled for a good deal and snag a WALK soon.

GTIWV

WV VW
cant wait to see the results. I also have a Neuspeed FSB that i need to install. Everyone says bad stuff about a FSB but the people who have them say they are great

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
cant wait to see the results. I also have a Neuspeed FSB that i need to install. Everyone says bad stuff about a FSB but the people who have them say they are great

i have heard many bad things about fsb also. but i was starting to consider getting one untill this deal came up. i can feel a little soft spot under hard sharp turning. it feels like the front is soft, and the front wants to move like a wave.

SevenW

Ready to race!
I would of thought Whiteline would of fixed the sliding endstops by now.
I had their bar, it killed my OE endlinks, with it's sliding around so I bought BSH ones those started to click very soon. I emailed Whiteline and posted on their forum, I got a nice reply from them, telling me to use a dab of superglue to stop the bar sliding!?!?:iono:

So I sold the lot and went back to OE, the WALK kit however I have also and it's pretty good.

Attachments

• DSCN1661.jpg
    DSCN1661.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 662