GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

whine noise

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
so yesterday i got back from some spirited driving coming home from the beach. my buddy and i washed the cars, and upon leaving, i realized that my car sounded like it had a whining noise when accelorating. it kinda sounds like a faint sound of the reverse gear on a honda. anyone know what this might be? clutch?

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
i don't think it's the DV. I have the Forge one. and it only happens when the car is in gear

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
doesn't have to do with it being wet. it's still making the noise. car feels fine, but that noise is there now. i'm gonna have to take it to USP to have them look at it.

ecoterragaia

Ready to race!
I had a whine at higher RPM's, sounded a little like the turbo death sound, but I knew it wasn't since my turbo only had 25,000 miles on it. Had my wife rev while I listened and pinpointed it to the accessory belt tensioner. Replaced it with one from ECS and the sound is gone.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
I had a whine at higher RPM's, sounded a little like the turbo death sound, but I knew it wasn't since my turbo only had 25,000 miles on it. Had my wife rev while I listened and pinpointed it to the accessory belt tensioner. Replaced it with one from ECS and the sound is gone.

this is at low RPM's. when the car is accelorating, you hear the "honda reverse gear." but when the car is in neutral, you hear nothing when revving up.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Could also be the PCV. Let me know what you find when you take it to USP. I've never been there. Do they charge for APR re-tunes, btw? Bit off-topic, sorry.

don't think it's the PCV. i have the eurojet fix on there. i'll try and take it there this saturday if the noise is still there.

no they don't charge for re-tunes.

Mr.J

Ready to race!
subcribed! Cuz Im having the same issue. Its only when Im in gear. Mine is happening when I have foot on the gas. When I take my foot off the gas, it goes away. Its odd.