GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

while kids in america play with tonka trucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FNR32

Ready to race!
what does this kid have that roughly 47-50% of college graduates this year in America won't have?
A- Work Ethic
B- A marketable skill
C- A job
D- All of the above.

Hint. It's D. Reality strikes hard when you realize that if you dont work, you dont eat, and no one is going to plunder your neighbor on your behalf to free load.

I dont support child labor per se but lets look at the other side of the coin. Having your grown son live in your basement to 28 years old only to leave into the world with no sense of responsibility and a mortgage's worth of college debt is also a form of child abuse.

we can probably find something in between both realities that works best. The system we have now for work and education is an absolute disaster.
This.. 1000 times this!

FNR32

Ready to race!
Let's be realistic, that kid isn't working there. He's probably the son of the owner or something.
I wouldn't be so so sure...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
True third world children in child labor scenarios aren't that well dressed.

This "comparison" is very... vague/general and in a way, insulting to our country.

People that are 28 and have a "mortage of debt" may have it for several reasons:

1. They are constantly told they need education to be successful.
2. School costs are outrageous, yet only the Dems want to do anything about it.
3. If there is a lack of jobs, people go back to school for higher education, which in turn costs... money.

Now, with regard to jobs..

There would be jobs here if we didn't keep sending them overseas to get Wall Street and the company execs all the ungodly money they can get their chubby hands on, and even then, only pay 15% on it, instead of what most normal people pay on their taxes. When the earnings from Q2 have to be better than Q1, and Q3 better than Q2, and so on, it never ends. Even with a profit, they need more, thus jobs go bye-bye. Thus, a company like mine can't even buy our employees fucking desk calendars any more, but the guy downstairs still gets his $60K bonus, and so on.

While on it's face this "comparison" is.. I dunno, its kind of offensive to our "American Exceptionalism" and as from what I can recall, coming from someone who is right leaning, always ironic when they talk about how jobs are not here and why they are elsewhere, then want to talk about debt that people have, but never the reasons why they have debt, or why shit costs so much, and so on... as with most things, once you trace back the money and the reasons, and utilize the "if not, but for" standard, etc, you will see what the situation is.

I know a girl who's mother was a VP at ComEd, a huge power company out here. She just kept going to school, cos her parents were loaded as fuck. She later just started some pet adoption stuff (cool), but never really put those degrees to a lot of use, while on the flipside, people are struggling to go to school and take out loans, because they are consistently told that is what's important.

Plenty of people also still live at home because they're fucking smart... lol... unless you live in a nice inexpensive rural area, shit is mad expensive and really adds up.

If a guy or gal is 28 and living at home, and going to school, working part time or full time, I have absolutely no problem with that. I find that much more respectable than those who are simply handed money or a business from their mommy or daddy, or for whom just have the quick 4 yr education paid for and then they are connected to someone who also went to Harvard/ND/Yale/Gayballs University for a quick job.

For some, the dream is a reality because they were born into it. For others, they aspire for the dream and will do so much, spend so much, expend a lot of time and energy, and still never achieve the dream.

Sorry for the rant, but its insulting that half this country insults the other half for being "takers" or "welfare brats" or what have you, but don't seem to understand the "why's" of many things.

Last edited:

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2012 GTI, Sun/Nav
Elsewhere in China, where industrial safety is apparently nonexistant...

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
True third world children in child labor scenarios aren't that well dressed.

This "comparison" is very... vague/general and in a way, insulting to our country.

People that are 28 and have a "mortage of debt" may have it for several reasons:

1. They are constantly told they need education to be successful.
2. School costs are outrageous, yet only the Dems want to do anything about it.
3. If there is a lack of jobs, people go back to school for higher education, which in turn costs... money.

Now, with regard to jobs..

There would be jobs here if we didn't keep sending them overseas to get Wall Street and the company execs all the ungodly money they can get their chubby hands on, and even then, only pay 15% on it, instead of what most normal people pay on their taxes. When the earnings from Q2 have to be better than Q1, and Q3 better than Q2, and so on, it never ends. Even with a profit, they need more, thus jobs go bye-bye. Thus, a company like mine can't even buy our employees fucking desk calendars any more, but the guy downstairs still gets his $60K bonus, and so on.

While on it's face this "comparison" is.. I dunno, its kind of offensive to our "American Exceptionalism" and as from what I can recall, coming from someone who is right leaning, always ironic when they talk about how jobs are not here and why they are elsewhere, then want to talk about debt that people have, but never the reasons why they have debt, or why shit costs so much, and so on... as with most things, once you trace back the money and the reasons, and utilize the "if not, but for" standard, etc, you will see what the situation is.

I know a girl who's mother was a VP at ComEd, a huge power company out here. She just kept going to school, cos her parents were loaded as fuck. She later just started some pet adoption stuff (cool), but never really put those degrees to a lot of use, while on the flipside, people are struggling to go to school and take out loans, because they are consistently told that is what's important.

Plenty of people also still live at home because they're fucking smart... lol... unless you live in a nice inexpensive rural area, shit is mad expensive and really adds up.

If a guy or gal is 28 and living at home, and going to school, working part time or full time, I have absolutely no problem with that. I find that much more respectable than those who are simply handed money or a business from their mommy or daddy, or for whom just have the quick 4 yr education paid for and then they are connected to someone who also went to Harvard/ND/Yale/Gayballs University for a quick job.

For some, the dream is a reality because they were born into it. For others, they aspire for the dream and will do so much, spend so much, expend a lot of time and energy, and still never achieve the dream.

Sorry for the rant, but its insulting that half this country insults the other half for being "takers" or "welfare brats" or what have you, but don't seem to understand the "why's" of many things.

good grief dude. im on my phone and have no way to type the amount that is required to respond to that right now but holy shyt. :smh:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I know bro, we can't all wear expensive designer jeans and shoes and take trips to Beligum and the Nurburgring without those poor people taking free shit and taking our money away... I get it.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
I did. ill reply fully when im on a computer. better to address facts than attacks I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.