Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Sony Playstation 3

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
I think the Wii would be fun, however the PS3 is my most desired. I won't buy one until at least summer when the game catalog grows and the bugs are worked out. In the end an equally equipped Xbox 360 and PS3 are both $600 so if I were to go for one or the other it would be the PS3. I am a Gran Turismo fiend and I don't know if anyone has seen the video's and screen shots of GT5, It is incredible looking.

*And for all the uninformed people that will want to tell me the Xbox 360 premium is only $399, re read the part where I said equally equipped. To add HD-DVD to the Xbox, its a $200 upgrade where as the PS3 comes standard with Bluray DVD. Placing both premium, High Def Systems at $599.

Oh and I am getting an Xbox next month anyhow because Halo 3 will rock the house. However PS3 is still better.

bilbos

On the Kop
I think the Wii would be fun, however the PS3 is my most desired. I won't buy one until at least summer when the game catalog grows and the bugs are worked out. In the end an equally equipped Xbox 360 and PS3 are both $600 so if I were to go for one or the other it would be the PS3. I am a Gran Turismo fiend and I don't know if anyone has seen the video's and screen shots of GT5, It is incredible looking.

*And for all the uninformed people that will want to tell me the Xbox 360 premium is only $399, re read the part where I said equally equipped. To add HD-DVD to the Xbox, its a $200 upgrade where as the PS3 comes standard with Bluray DVD. Placing both premium, High Def Systems at $599.

Oh and I am getting an Xbox next month anyhow because Halo 3 will rock the house. However PS3 is still better.

Does anyone actually watch DVD's through their games console?

I don't.

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
I did until my PS2 broke, and seeing that one of these consoles is basically the same price as its respective player, its a better deal anyhow. Are you really going to go out and buy a $500-$1000 player if your console with play the format? I know I wouldn't. I'd rather buy a set of Coilovers for the car. :wink:

But I do understand everyones taste is different so this is merely my feeling on the subject.

bilbos

On the Kop
I did until my PS2 broke, and seeing that one of these consoles is basically the same price as its respective player, its a better deal anyhow. Are you really going to go out and buy a $500-$1000 player if your console with play the format? I know I wouldn't. I'd rather buy a set of Coilovers for the car. :wink:

But I do understand everyones taste is different so this is merely my feeling on the subject.

I appreciate what you are saying.

I am of the opinion that an item designed to carry out a multitude of functions (such as a console) is not as good at each individual task as an item designed to do one specific job. But that is just me :wink:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I could care less if a game console played DVD's or not. And I'd never use one for such shinanigans (a little too ghetto for my taste...no offense). But that's just me. Which brings me back to my original decision of the 360 being the best for me. I know people have had problems with them both. But personally, I've never had a problem with my xbox and both my original playstation and PS2 both needed the occasional slap/blow/reset to get things going right. So did my brothers. Are we the only ones? Seems the controllers fail more readily as well. Perhaps it's just my luck. But I thought a lot of peoples PS's went bad. Mind you, I'm one of those that said I'd never convert to the Xbox. Now I'm afraid there's no turning back and I'm glad I did. Although I'd own them both if I did have more important things to worry about:iono:

Then again, the 360 had a rough start itself. But that's since all been settled.

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
Wii will be released in Japan with DVD playability, but I do have a PS2 and that will do DVD duty.

I'll probably end up with an HD-DVD player eventually when HD TVs finally come down in price, although they really are already. I have an engagement ring to buy, though.

I had one of the original PS2s (before it was stolen along with $3500 worth of other stuff when I moved), and I had to bust it open and adjust the laser read level to get it to start reading DVDs again.

I likely will not buy a PS3 for a long time, and while the 360 has a few titles that are interesting to me, it's not enough to warrant a big purchase like that to me.