GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

which coil

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion
hello i currently have koni fsd and eibach pro kit on my mkv gti,

what is the next lowest coil spring sold? im getting conflicting number when searching.
so basically if i wanted to go touch lower whos spring should i be considering.
pics are a bonus

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
hello i currently have koni fsd and eibach pro kit on my mkv gti,

what is the next lowest coil spring sold? im getting conflicting number when searching.
so basically if i wanted to go touch lower whos spring should i be considering.
pics are a bonus

This from a forum post in 2006 - there are other choices now but this is some good info. I ran FSD for a while with ProKits. Really running the shorter springs on the FSD's is not really a good thing to do. Folks do it but they are full length shocks and when you put short springs on them they lose some travel and you can wear them prematurely. Having said that, folks do it all the time to get the stance and don't care about the downsides of wear and diminished handling. I am running Bilstein sports with Eibach Sportlines now and the shocks are designed for lowering springs and the handling and ride are superb.

Spring Kits
1.2 / 1.2 --> Eibach Pro-Kit (p/n: 8598.140) -- 10-15% stiffer then stock
1.4 / 1.4 --> KW Sport Spring Kit (p/n: 25080115)
1.4 / 1.4 --> Vogtland Sport springs (VGT 950008)
1.5 / 1.4 --> H&R Sport Springs (p/n: 54750) -- 25-30% stiffer then stock
1.7 / 1.7 --> Vogtland Race springs (VGT 95007)
1.8 / 1.8 --> Eibach Sportline (p/n: 4.9885)
1.2 / 1.5 --> Neuspeed Sport Springs (p/n: NS55.10.91 - same as Jetta)

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
H&R Super Sports are going to be the lowest dropping spring

I'd go with the Eibach Sportlines + some Koni Yellows or Bilsteins to go with them though. (can't run the FSD's with them)

The Eibachs give a great drop, but still provide a nice ride

I'm pretty sure, IIRC, that the member "soze" on here has had both the Pro-Kit & the Sportlines before

Here's his car:

Koni yellow + eibach sportlines

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion
dont want to go as low as super sports (im running 235 PSS tires and t does see the track)... i will be changing out my struts/shocks at the same time to koni yellows and probably a rear spacer

whos got pics of the H&R sport kit -- bonus points if its a cw 4dr

Last edited:

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
Yes, had both Pro-Kit (FSD) and Sportline (Yellow). I'm on H&R Super Sports (Yellow) now. Looks great, but I'm contemplating going back to the Sportlines. I think the Sportlines had a better ride and less chance of rubbing. The H&R Supersports borderline tuck which is pretty low for a spring.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
dont want to go as low as super sports (im running 235 PSS tires and t does see the track)... i will be changing out my struts/shocks at the same time to koni yellows and probably a rear spacer

whos got pics of the H&R sport kit -- bonus points if its a cw 4dr

H&R Sports won't be much different than the Pro-Kit, in all honesty

So it sounds like the Sportlines are the way to go then
Better ride than the H&R's too, hands down, as soze just confirmed above