GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where to go next after coilovers

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
Ok so 2 weeks ago i finally got around to getting some coilovers lol. Got a set of KW variant 3s on recomendation from my buddy who has them on his M3. WOW amazing handling after spending about a week an a half changing little things trying to find perfect settings. So im wondering where i should go next. Im thinkin about about sway bars next. Still have a little more roll then i want and maybe brakes. So for those experienced auto X guys. Where should i go next?

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
I'm not an experienced autox guy but I'd say your next couple options are the following:

-rear sway bar
-mounts (pendulum, motor)
-brakes (hp+/hps/.:R32 upgrade depending on how big you want to go. being that you got the V3s, I'd say you're not one to skimp out on important things, like brakes.)
-tires (this is probably the most important thing. if you don't have a good set of tires, there's really no point in doing anything else.)

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
thanks. i was thinkin sway bars and tires next. a little on the short side of cash right now. and unemployed thanks to floridas crappy work opportunites right now. got auto cross in saint pete this weekend was gonna do a trial run on my current setup.

WhiteLightningMKV

Yeaaa buddy...
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
whats a brake upgrade for our cars and cost? im not going brembo. maybe R32. what are the options?

Pads are the weakest link on these cars so replace those first. There are alot of reviews on different set-ups on here so search it up.

Also ya can't go wrong with some TyrolSport caliper bushings. :thumbsup:

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
I autocross about as much as Chicago seasons and my wallet allow. You already have a top of the line coilover set-up. If you dont have tires than thats definately your next step (honestly should have come before coils). Then after tires get yourself a BSH rear sway bar. Go big or go home. You will be amazed at how much of a difference the bar makes.

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
I autocross about as much as Chicago seasons and my wallet allow. You already have a top of the line coilover set-up. If you dont have tires than thats definately your next step (honestly should have come before coils). Then after tires get yourself a BSH rear sway bar. Go big or go home. You will be amazed at how much of a difference the bar makes.

thanks. yea i know theyre the best. tires are next. how bout front sway bar? any suggestions.

GTIWV

WV VW
i wouldnt worry about a front sway bar. it really will not benefit you at all

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
i wouldnt worry about a front sway bar. it really will not benefit you at all

X3. I would say you only really need a rear bar. Especially for autocross. When I do autocross I have my suspension setup way soft in the front and full stiff in the rear with my big ass BSH bar. So my feeling is that having a front bar would somewhat negate that over-steer tendancy thats obviously needed when autocrossing a FWD vehicle.

Even if you decide to track the car, as on an actual track, I dont see a front bar as being necessary. Especially with the fact that you are running V3's, you will be able to fine tune the car to feel more neutral on an actual track if you want, even without a front bar.