GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where should I start?

knockoutned7

Passed Driver's Ed
Would like to put some money into my 06 gti dont know what I should get first?
What are the first things I should get if im trying to get some more HP, plus I have a warranty so they need to be things I can get that wont interfere with it

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
get a stage 1 flash

alphabits

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'06 GLI
Stage 1 Flash. Enjoy for a few months, but want more.
End up buying a downpipe with Stage II.
Experience fuel cuts and realize the powerband on FSI Stage II sucks, get new HPFP and go Stage II+.
Say you can't afford Stage III, but max out your credit card anyways and go K04 Stage III. Hahaha.

But seriously, any flash runs the risk of the dealer finding out and canceling your warranty. You may wanna find out how friendly your dealer is to mods before doing anything permanent and losing that warranty prematurely.

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
Car(s)
2006 GLI
dealer can't void your warrantee unless they have probable cause that the modification directly affected the defected OE part.

that being said, if you bring the car in for a dsg service, they can't turn you away for a ecu flash. but if you blow a diverter value, and you have an ecu flash, hurr derp the increase in psi did in fact blow the dv, and vwoa can argue that to turn your service down.

alphabits

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'06 GLI
...if you bring the car in for a dsg service, they can't turn you away for a ecu flash...

No, but they certainly fucked up my flash when I went in to get my 80K DSG fluid change...asswholes.

Alex/A.W.E.

Ready to race!
Would like to put some money into my 06 gti dont know what I should get first?
What are the first things I should get if im trying to get some more HP, plus I have a warranty so they need to be things I can get that wont interfere with it

I would suggest starting with the following:
GIAC Software
Our Exhaust System (catback, downpipe or complete Turboback)
An H&R Rear Swaybar
and a set of Hawk HPS Brake Pads

This will transform your car into an powerful, fun and agile daily driver that will keep you smiling for a long time.

After that, put on our C|C|B Intake system, our Vent Mounted Boost Gauge, and a set of H&R Sport Springs to further increase your enjoyment.

Let me know if I can help with anything along the way.