GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where are the MKV FSI Forum OG's?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Hello, I have no idea if this is OK with Admin...but I wanted to share with you long time MKV folks and others, another way to connect with other like minded people who have been active on the MKV forums forever. Some of us find ourselves on another MK5 fb group page and we seemed to always go on and on with discussions and decided to create our own page...and wanted to invite more of you by making you aware. https://www.facebook.com/groups/508...566621555348&notif_t=group_description_change

...if this turns out to be disagreeable with Admin, I will message those I still see on here.

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not an OG. But some people simply don't want to use facebook for various reasons. And those that do are growing increasingly disenchanted with it. Why make Zuckerberg even more affluent with your content? For me, the biggest reason not to use it is that even if you pour hours and hours into lengthy, technical posts, google will never find them. So your effort is somewhat wasted.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I'm also an ex-Facebook user. It's basically data collection for the NSA and Zuck censors content he doesn't like.
Not to mention, when I closed my account and downloaded everything, they didn't give me any of my pics. That's all I wanted.
This xenforo format was frustrating at first, but golfmkv is where I'll stay.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I am a retired IT Director and I followed Facebook from its inception and I don't recommend participation on that platform for anyone.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
I haven’t been on social media since MySpace and I have no desire to be on it. Golfmkv is just fine by me.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I too am not leaving Golf MKV...and I really dislike the nonsense that goes on on the special interest pages. Just sharing this page because some of us forum members found each other on the MK5 GTI page but really can't stand it much...and why we created our own page to sort out the nonsense type. Not many members, but wanted to have a place we can all connect if needed. Other than all of this, what are other reasons to not be on fb? I first joined just because my children are on it.

Briggs253

I lost my original account but I've been here since I purchased my 2006 MKV GTI new. I still have the car and am planning on doing a mild suspension refresh starting with the rear (struts/shocks, upper mounts, rear position bushing on front LCAs, etc.).