GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where are the Africans?

emanuel_v19

Ready to race!
Hello

Hello Guys, i will be traveling for the W. CUP to S. AFrica this summer. Is there any advice or tips on what to do and not to do in S. AFrica? What precautions i should take? or anything in that matter? thanks guys.

Jnoonoo

Big tits, round ass FTW!
Car(s)
09 GTI
Fly in to Johannesburg. Its pretty much a normal city. Go stay at a decent hotel in Sandton. Good hotels usually provide free rides to and from the airport.
Check out the RADDISON BLUE hotels in Sandton. They are brand new, and really nice. If you want to save some money, there is the "THE DON SUITES" and "CITY LODGE" which is pretty decent. The Holiday Inns arent too bad either.
Bring an International license with you if you plan on renting a car. They are cheap (like 20 bucks) and it takes ten min to make one.
Dont flash jewlery around in South Africa, especially at night.
Act like a local and people wont bother you. Look like a tourist and prepare to get ripped off.
Dont come dressed like a fricken german safari tourist. You will get ripped off. Dress like just like you do in California. Its a modern city and people look just like they do in L.A.
Good Luck

Mlochab

Ready to race!
in Toronto right now, but from kenya and i go there ever 8 months for about 4 months :p, and moving back in 5 years

teamx

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 MKV GTi (DSG)
Hello Guys, i will be traveling for the W. CUP to S. AFrica this summer. Is there any advice or tips on what to do and not to do in S. AFrica? What precautions i should take? or anything in that matter? thanks guys.

You really don't have too much to worry about. Johannesburg is a modern city and you face the same problems here then in any other. Yes there is crime but it's on par with any other metropolitan city in the world. Jnoonoo gave you good advice regarding hotels etc.

As a local all I will say it just take it easy. Just stay out of the "wrong side of town" as you would at home. Don't think you're gonna be harrassed around every corner or so on. Get a nice hotel so you can stay comfortably. Also there will be "park and ride" facilities so check with your hotel if they will shuttle you to them. South Africans are generally friendly and helpful so don't be affraid, you won't be treated badly or anything like that.

emanuel_v19

Ready to race!
Hey, thanks guys for the info guys. I hope it will be fun :) can't wait. If you guys care to give me more advice and what to/not to look out for I will appreciate that too.

emanuel_v19

Ready to race!
Ok guys just got here to S. Africa today :) Can't wait for tomorrow. Anyways, does anyone live near melrose arch?? What Di you guys recommend doing here :) let me know guys, thanks