GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When it rains, it pours

ShdBluMkVI

Ready to race!
A few weeks ago, my gf and I are going home from dinner in downtown Ft. Myers and some drunk-ass over-sized anal bead backs into my font bumper while trying to parallel park on the street. Nailed me with the corner of one of those steel cargo racks mounted to his rear bumper.

His insurance estimated $380 in repairs...

Then, yesterday, I got the worst Christmas gift ever from Nort Port PD -
75mph in a 45mph - meaning mandatory court appearance.

I'm wondering if these things come in 3's, and should I expect one more thing to happen?

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Either pay it, or go to court and fight it... but like KY says, clearly states infraction which does not require appearence in court

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
Not much you can do. Going nearly twice the speed limit. Pay up and move on.

Butt posted from my Galaxy Note II

MichaelGTi

Ready to race!
Looks like the cop checked off no court, then scratched it off (compared to his other check marks) and wrote court appearance set by clerk. I question the validity of that ticket though, seems confusing the way he has it written up like that. Either way that's a big ticket, I would fight it whats the worst that can happen, you'll have to pay. Or you might get off based on the cop not being able to issue a proper ticket.(wishful thinking maybe, but worth a shot) :iono:

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Looks like the cop checked off no court, then scratched it off (compared to his other check marks) and wrote court appearance set by clerk. I question the validity of that ticket though, seems confusing the way he has it written up like that. Either way that's a big ticket, I would fight it whats the worst that can happen, you'll have to pay. Or you might get off based on the cop not being able to issue a proper ticket.(wishful thinking maybe, but worth a shot) :iono:

In FL the judge will 9 out of 10 times throw any ticket out just based on how poorly it has been written or filled out.

He might have a shot. But then again 75 in a 45 doe!

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
Never had to deal with something like this but I have heard that you can sometimes ask for no points in exchange for paying the fine to charity. Usually this only works with first offenders from what I've heard but might be worth a try. The points are what end up killing you due to increased insurance premiums.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'10 GTI, miata, vers
get a lawer for the ticket. it will cost as much as the fine, but they will get it reduced to non moving and therefore off your insurance. Pays for itself in your next 6 months premiums.

ShdBluMkVI

Ready to race!

Exactly-he probably marks it that way 99% of the time out of habit for most other idiot speeders, then realized his mistake.

Yes, completely ass-dumb of me. And what's even worse, on Thanksgiving day, speeding on the same street to get to my parent's house on time for dinner, there was a cop near the same spot. I was only doing about 55 that time...and he didn't pull on me. It was bound to happen (law of averages, right?). But speeding is like gambling: every time you win, it reinforces the behavior, and there's a neurochemical reward that goes off in your brain. Of course it's not wise to speed like that, but it's almost a compulsion for me. Good thing they didn't see me doing 115 on the interstate only minutes before...

I'm going to call around about traffic lawyers, and probably just pay my fine because I totally deserve it (and politely ask the judge for leniency regarding points (for Christmas' sake), but what I really need is a quality radar detector.

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to call around about traffic lawyers, and probably just pay my fine because I totally deserve it (and politely ask the judge for leniency regarding points (for Christmas' sake), but what I really need is a quality radar detector.

Though that radar detector you wish for may help you on the interstate when you again feel inclined to do 115 mph.....but it likely will be of no use in the residential area where you actually got the ticket since most all locals use vascar.

Just do the speed limit and you'll be fine.