GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel Tire Combo Inside - Will I Rub?

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
Well, here it goes again.

A couple months back I posted about getting a set of VMR wheels, but I've since changed by mind and decided to pick up a 17x8 wheel with varying tire size and need to know if I'll rub. Right now I'm on H&R Supersports and stock shocks w/ APR front/rear sway bars.

Here's the line up:

Enkei GTC01 - 17x8 / et50 / 18.5lbs

-or-

O.Z Alleggerita HLT - 17x8 / et48 / 15lbs.

Wheel wise, yes, these will fit without any problems at all. My question is will a 235/40/17 tire fit without rubbing the fenders? If not, then I'll probably just end up getting a 225/45/17 tire. Let me know what you think :thumbsup:

CandyWhiteTSi

Tittie Tickler
Car(s)
08.5 GTI
Alleggerita! Is that even a question?? I :wub: those wheels... And you should be fine with the 235's.. The offset is healthy enough, especially on an 8" wheel, not to mention the sidewall will be a tiny bit shorter, which should help. What tires you going with?

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
OMG get Alleggeritas. those are hot. What color are you planning on getting them in?

Here's some on a UG [245/40/17 tires] (BinaryPie's car)

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
^ Dude, I haven't seen you post around here in a while! How ya been?

I'm not too sure what color I'm going to go with. Definitely not orange, white, red, blue or black. That leaves the two silver colors and gold.

I was thinking about going with these for rubber: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE-11

What's BinaryPie's car lowered on? Wonder if I could fit a 245 on my car...I'm thinking no unless I pick up some camber plates, yea?

These are going to be used as my AutoX wheels and every now and then during the summer.

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
^ Dude, I haven't seen you post around here in a while! How ya been?

I'm not too sure what color I'm going to go with. Definitely not orange, white, red, blue or black. That leaves the two silver colors and gold.

I was thinking about going with these for rubber: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE-11

What's BinaryPie's car lowered on? Wonder if I could fit a 245 on my car...I'm thinking no unless I pick up some camber plates, yea?

These are going to be used as my AutoX wheels and every now and then during the summer.

Been busy w/ school and stuff, yourself? :thumbsup: damnit, im still saving up for V710s... haha

You don't like gunmetal? I think it would look pretty good on BMP.

BinaryPie is on KW coilovers:
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109018

I would probably go with 235s. 245s seem to be extreme, but, idk. Those bridgestone tires look good.

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
Busy with work and what not, but pretty good otherwise. Waiting for my R32 rear-end to get here (it's been about a month). Supposedly, the exhaust system on the R32s is melting the bumper so they're trying to come up with a solution to prevent that from happening (use of a heat shield)...sigh

I'm not against the graphite at all.

I think the gold color is a bit too...how should I say this...gold :p

It's between these two:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...ggerita+HLT&wheelFinish=Matte+Graphite+Silver

and

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...lleggerita+HLT&wheelFinish=Anthracite+Painted

I like the glossy finish on the anthracite (gunmetal!?) because it would pop a little more.

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
nice nice. can't wait to see the R rear. should flow really nicely.

Oh damn, didn't see the anthracite. I would definitely get that over the graphite finish. Like you said, it will pop out more.

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
And it's less expensive :thumbsup: Nice how that works, eh?

I've also gotten my hands on a votex lip, S3 intercooler, AWE boost gauge, and a set of R32 side skirts (those are sitting in the house un-painted until the R-bumper gets here).

I also got a Corsa cat back that was obnoxiously loud so I uninstalled it.

Any how, lets not get too far off topic in my own thread :biggrin:

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
damn man, this car is really flowing now, haha.

how soon are you planning on getting these wheels + tires?

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
Hopefully in the next month or two. The autox event I went to last Saturday was awesome, but I ended up being the slowest in STX because the tires I have aren't that great and it was a new course.

New contestant:

OZ Ultraleggera

I'm still liking the Alleggerita's more, but the Ultraleggera's are a bit less expensive

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
If you're getting 17s only, then i say get the Alleggeritas.
but if you're considering 18s, then hmm...