GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel locks and dealershits = epic fail

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
I recently lost my wheel lock during my whole DIY spring install and I was hoping to go to a dealership so they can take off my wheel locks and replace them with another set of lugs that I had on hand. All I just wanted to borrow or have one of their mechanics take them off. But how can a dealership not have a fucking wheel lock and what if I had taken my car to get it serviced.. they would of given me the blank look and say uh.. we can't take off your wheels. And they told me they had a set of different kinds of locks.. wtf

JaySki

Ready to race!
I recently lost my wheel lock during my whole DIY spring install and I was hoping to go to a dealership so they can take off my wheel locks and replace them with another set of lugs that I had on hand. All I just wanted to borrow or have one of their mechanics take them off. But how can a dealership not have a fucking wheel lock and what if I had taken my car to get it serviced.. they would of given me the blank look and say uh.. we can't take off your wheels. And they told me they had a set of different kinds of locks.. wtf

Sooo.. You are pissed at the dealer because YOU lost your Wheel Lock key?
Talk about the epic fail here.. Just sayin..

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
Sooo.. You are pissed at the dealer because YOU lost your Wheel Lock key?
Talk about the epic fail here.. Just sayin..

nope.. saying that VW dealership should have all the necessary tools. but they didn't and the dealer didnt loose the wheel lock. I did on accident plus it was 11 o'clock at night. I was just trying to get a replacement or borrow theirs.

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
if it's oem locks try another dealership?

yeah.. going to try another one that a friend works at since I just stopped by one that was on the way back to my gf's house and the other one was the opposite direction.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
ask your friends. someone's bound to have the same one. there is only like 10 different keys.

dmbbum

420 champion
Car(s)
09 CW 2DR GTI TSI
actually the one I went to had a set of 20 locks and none of them worked.

On my friends s2000 I took a a regular socket and hammered it arroumd the nut and was able to get it out. His lock was stripped

Chris@RT

Banned
Moral of the story is really wheel locks only prevent YOU from taking your wheels off when you need/want to.

Get rid of the wheel locks they are pointless anyone who wants your wheels can get them just as fast with locks as they can without.