GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

whats your MAF input.

simonskerton

Passed Driver's Ed
as the thread title says im interested to see what peoples MAF readings are on different remap stages, intakes and whether k03 or k04

something like

Example
REVO stage 2+ - K03 - forge twintake - 195g/s

etc

cheers guys

Last edited:

sloMk5

2007 GTI
Sounds like Forge did a good job with their housing because that actually sounds pretty good to me.

I run about 195-200 g/s with a stock MAF housing and custom tubular intake, Revo S2+ tuned for DO S2, Forge WGA, bolt ons etc.

I was running about 205 g/s with the aftermarket housing when I was running APR stage 2+ with basic bolt ons, 190-195 when I switched to the stock housing.

Edit: to stick to the format...

Revo S2+ - K03 - custom intake - 195-200 g/s

APR S2+ - K03 - custom intake - 190-195 g/s

APR S2+ - K03 - K&N intake - 200-205 g/s

Angel@forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 A3 sport
I see the same 190-195 Maybe a little more to 197 every now and again. Revo stage 2 + actuator and all the normal stuff minus catback.

simonskerton

Passed Driver's Ed
thats not mine lol, that was just an example.

My car

best reading i have had on this tune and intake @ an outside temp of 5 degrees Celsius

shark performance stage 3 - k03 - ITG intake - 204g/s

my long term fuel trims are pretty low as well

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
LTFT data should also be included with the MAF readings...this will provide validity to the g/s calculations being posted.

dBlias intake - APR sII+ - ~188g/s @ 6200rpm
LTFT - 0.3% & 0.8% respectively (last time I checked)

Ninja Edit

SDM

Ready to race!
KO3 : APR Stg2+ : dBilas intake : 200g/s @6000rpm : LTFT 1.2%idle & 0.8%partial.

Skono

Car(s)
Mk5 GTI
Sorry to bump an old thread. I’m getting low MAF readings with stage 2 APR. 162 g/s
What could be causing this?
I’ve checked for leaks and found none.
Thanks

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
Could be a dirty or old/tired sensor. When's the last time it was replaced? Might be best to run some logs and see if something else is contributing to your low readings though.

Skono

Car(s)
Mk5 GTI
I’ve cleaned it and no change. I’ve run fuel trim logs through VCDS and it doesn’t seem to be pulling fuel. Although I’m not to sure what I should be analysing? I don’t think it has ever been replaced since it has been on the road 13 years. The CIA I have on it now was just a cheap throw on from China, the MAF housing fit snug although I’m not sure where the sensor sits inside the pipe if that could be throwing the readings off?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I’ve cleaned it and no change. I’ve run fuel trim logs through VCDS and it doesn’t seem to be pulling fuel. Although I’m not to sure what I should be analysing? I don’t think it has ever been replaced since it has been on the road 13 years. The CIA I have on it now was just a cheap throw on from China, the MAF housing fit snug although I’m not sure where the sensor sits inside the pipe if that could be throwing the readings off?
Here's a vcds tour on fuel trims:
It could be from an old MAF...I've replaced two because they were reading low mass air.
But it is possible it is your intake.
It is also possible there is a leak between the MAF and the intake manifold...or in the tubing attached to the intake manifold.
I believe I responded to you on a fb group page or elsewhere. I asked is it possible your new APR stage 2 tune is in stock mode.
https://documents.goapr.com/dpp_emcs_instructions.pdf

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I never saw this thread in 2010...but I see the gear, one does their data in, is not being specified.
I have a K04, Neuspeed P-flo intake w/AEM Dry Flow filter, GIAC H.O. K04 tune, 3rd gear is usually between 275 to 280 g/s.

Last edited:

Skono

Car(s)
Mk5 GTI
Here's a vcds tour oon fuel trims:
It could be from an old MAF...I've replaced two because they were reading low mass air.
But it is possible it is your intake.
It is also possible there is a leak between the MAF and the intake manifold...or in the tubing attached to the intake manifold.
I believe I responded to you on a fb group page or elsewhere. I asked is it possible your new APR stage 2 tune is in stock mode.
https://documents.goapr.com/dpp_emcs_instructions.pdf
I’ve sent the logs to APR with fuel trim, lambda, request and actual and they have said it is running stage 2 tune but there is an issue. Sorry For late response, I’ve noticed today the grommet for the valve cover screw is broke and is leaking a little bit of oil. I’m not sure if this could cause this?

I logged blocks 032 and 033 with the following if it’s any help - 032 LTFT -1 idle and 9% partial. with only partial changing to 9.4 after some time.

Last edited:

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
+9% partial isn't terrible. Typically anything inside +/-10% is considered acceptable. The closer to 0 you are the better. If oil is seeping from the valve cover it means there's unmetered air entering the system which could cause the engine to go a little lean (positive). The oil fill neck on my FSI was leaking at the base where it attaches to the valve cover so I knocked it off which helped my partial trim drop a bit. I'm sitting at +16 partial right now.

If you share the logs you sent to APR people will weigh in on the data.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I’ve noticed today the grommet for the valve cover screw is broke and is leaking a little bit of oil. I’m not sure if this could cause this?

I logged blocks 032 and 033 with the following if it’s any help - 032 LTFT -1 idle and 9% partial. with only partial changing to 9.4 after some time.
Well, it could cause additional fuel in the trim. If it leaks out oil when there is crankcase pressure...then it "could" draw in un-metered air under vacuum. But it would need to be a significant leak....not just a slight one losing a bit of oil. You could check for un-metered air leaking in, as in the vid. Clear fault codes...even if there aren't any...start the engine and pull up 032 and 033 again. Is the value in MB block 033 staying above zero or bouncing from pos to neg near zero? Then while running, does the oil cap turn easily and does the engine not stumble or change when you remove the cap?

Generally, a positive multiplicative is from wear, and older engines. This would be when LTFT remains below 10%. But it can be unmeasured air/leaks, less fuel than what is commanded is being delivered (be it fuel pressures or injectors), or sensors are reporting inaccurately. Especially when LTFT exceeds 10%.

Last edited:

Skono

Car(s)
Mk5 GTI
Well, it could cause additional fuel in the trim. If it leaks out oilwhen there is crankcase pressure...then it "could" draw in un-metered air under vacuum. But it would be a significant leak. You could check for un-metered air leaking in as in the vid. Clear fault codes...even if there aren't any...start the engine and pull up 032 and 033 again. Is the value in MB block 033 staying above zero or bouncing from pos to neg near zero? Then while running, does the oil cap turn easily and does the engine not stumble or change when you remove the cap?

Generally, a positive multiplicative is from wear, and older engines. This would be when LTFT remains below 10%. But it can be unmeasured air/leaks, less fuel than what is commanded is being delivered (be it fuel pressures or injectors), or sensors are reporting inaccurately. Especially when LTFT exceeds 10%.

Oil cap comes off easy doesn’t effect idle just a bit of pressure coming out.
I’ll run the VCDS in a moment