GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's your day job?

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
AND, what college degrees do you have (if applicable).

I have a bachelors in Music Performance and Music Education. I am currently a full-time percussion instructor for a school district teaching grandees 6-12. I've been doing it for 5 years and am super burnt out on the teaching scene. It's tough when your full-time job is also your #1 passion (GTI's are 2nd!). Looking into a career change soon so that I have more time to pursue my own musical endeavors...

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
I am a Systems Engineer (November will be my third year with my company). I graduated with a BS in Information Systems. Prior to that, right out of school, I interned at MLB and helped with their Support Desk.

Basically I'm a salaried consultant that gets put on projects and does stuff. Mostly visualization related. Citrix/VMware.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
I am a Research Scientist at a pain management and antibacterial company. I graduated with a B.S. in Animal Science that merely got my foot in the door with cell culture 10 years ago. I hate working with lab animals, lol.

Been doing it for close to 10 years now, 4 different companies, many different but similar roles and 100% burnt out. But salary and benefits are too good to pass up and with a little one and wife at home here i shall stay for awhile.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
BS in marketing.

Fluffer.

RAPPLE

Ready to race!
I'll agree with the OP, hobbies/passions for me are the worst fields to work in. In HS I was studying computers and pursuing info systems/software engineering and got super burnt out and realized it soon enough to change directions haha. I'm working for VW right now..getting close to that point..but I'm also in school studying medicine.

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
I make ~ maintain the things..... that make the things..... that go into things you buy:confused:

Journeyman Tool and Die maker, working on very tight tolerance progressive stamping dies. Can make you want to :mad0259: at times!

I feel what you guys are saying about getting burned out when you do what you have a passion about for a living. I honestly get more joy out figuring out how things work and making them work better than the production side of things :rolleyes:

Andrew

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
I make ~ maintain the things..... that make the things..... that go into things you buy:confused:

Journeyman Tool and Die maker, working on very tight tolerance progressive stamping dies. Can make you want to :mad0259: at times!

I feel what you guys are saying about getting burned out when you do what you have a passion about for a living. I honestly get more joy out figuring out how things work and making them work better than the production side of things :rolleyes:

Andrew

Forgot to add I work on third shift. can make you want to act like mk6medic's avatar when there is only 3 to 4 people in the shop!

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I work for a living at what I am passionate about. No burn out here.