GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the dumbest thing you've ever done?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Idk where to even start on this thread lol, I do dumb stuff all the time.

I tell my son “if you’re gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff” on a regular basis, because he’s basically just a 5 year old exact replica.

Most recently I was starting a TIG bead and had an itch, but figured it could wait as you can only weld so long on stainless before needing to stop and let it cool...well in the 20 seconds or less I got pretty frantic to itch my face and did so with the glowing filler rod still in my left hand. Had a nice U shaped burn on my upper cheek, beard (hair burnt of course) and right up to my ear.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Story time from this year, one of my dumber things but it's the one that comes to mind.

My grandmother recently sold her condo out in Phoenix and I had to drive her car (an APR stage 1 B8.5 allroad) the 28 hours back home to Michigan. I left around 1pm, and at about 6 I hopped off of the highway to stop on route 66 about 60 miles out of Albuquerque to smoke a cigarette. Pull off the road, smoke, hop back in the car and I'm feeling a little frisky with the gas pedal. I looked around and saw nobody around for a good distance. Flipped the traction control off and let the gravel in the pulloff fly for a solid 4 seconds merging onto the road at full tilt. Right as I cross the solid white I see a green fender and without even thinking about it I yanked the wheel right and slammed on the brakes. Turns out there was an old kia hiding in my blind spot when I looked around. No reaction, just kept puttering down the road like nothing ever happened.

Safe to say I gave myself more time to rest after that.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
"My Grandma has a tuned turbo car."

Your grandma is a certified badass. Probably has Irish whiskey with her coffee and pancakes, cause the American whiskeys are too f#*=¥@& watery for her palate.

I hope you realize how cool she is, and be sure to tell her that some random internet jagoff thinks she's awesome.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
I will add that she bought it for others to driver her around in and that I may or may not have had it tuned without telling her. It was a fun runaround car out there.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
I will add that she bought it for others to driver her around in and that I may or may not have had it tuned without telling her. It was a fun runaround car out there.

Awww man.

Just like that, she goes from the hero of the story to the senile unwitting victim of younger relatives taking dangerous risks with a piece of her finances for their own kicks and benefits.

If it were me that tuned it, my response to the dumbest thing I'd done would be all about how I irresponsibly risked the reliability of Nan's car.

Imagine a turbo goes pop, or the car gets all lispy on ya. Shame.

Last edited:

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Awww man.

Just like that, she goes from the hero of the story to the senile unwitting victim of younger relatives taking dangerous risks with a piece of her finances for their own kicks and benefits.

If it were me that tuned it, my response to the dumbest thing I'd done would be all about how I irresponsibly risked the reliability of Nan's car.

Imagine a turbo goes pop, or the car gets all lispy on ya. Shame.

Better drivability, better throttle response, and better fuel economy while allowing it to use flex fuel just like Audi should have done from the factory on allroads. It was driven once or twice a week for about 8 weeks out of the year as a vacation car. You can nag me all you want, but she liked the car more afterwards. "It actually drives like an Audi should"

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
This is not nagging.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Better drivability, better throttle response, and better fuel economy while allowing it to use flex fuel just like Audi should have done from the factory on allroads. It was driven once or twice a week for about 8 weeks out of the year as a vacation car. You can nag me all you want, but she liked the car more afterwards. "It actually drives like an Audi should"
Okay then, lets turn the dial to 11 and go to the Nth degree with this.

You aren't the frat bro feeling up a girl passed out. You are a Mr niceguy who just added G to her drink to help her relax and now you're just helping her to have a pleasant experience while sleeping.

Just under half of all rape victims achieve orgasm from the experience. So does that mean they're doing them a favor?

Now, if I turn the lecture dial down from 11 to maybe a 6, I hope that you've learned a lesson. At the very least, I spoke about feeling someone up and your grandma at the same time, linking the two in your subconscious mind. I hope that haunts you and pops into your head the next time you.... you know. As a matter of fact, I will use my mind control powers to make sure that you do think of it.

Don't believe that I've got magical mind control powers? Check this out. You are now consciously breathing. Shazam! And you are now consciously blinking. Booyah! I'm in your head!

Please don't tune an older relatives car without their knowledge, folks. That's a solid 3 popped douche collars out of five.

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
Dumbest thing I did today was reading the twaddle from this John twat.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
That's Mr. John Jagoff Twat, thank you very much, Sebastian.

I'm surprised that this specifically is the post that was over the line. Was it the demonstration of my mind control part that freaked you out? Don't worry, I was only using my xman powers on people who take their relatives cars and get them chipped without their knowledge. You're probably safe. Probably.

Last edited:

tknj99

Ready to race!
Slammed the accelerator on a forklift as i was exiting a box truck and as it was crossing the pad onto the dock the box truck rolled forward and me and the forklift took a freefall down to the pavement, luckily i monkey'd off it fast enough while it fell to not get crushed

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
That's Mr. John Jagoff Twat, thank you very much, Sebastian.

I'm surprised that this specifically is the post that was over the line. Was it the demonstration of my mind control part that freaked you out? Don't worry, I was only using my xman powers on people who take their relatives cars and get them chipped without their knowledge. You're probably safe. Probably.

Are this much of a neckbeard in real life?

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Lol. I think it's important to take yourself very seriously, especially when on the internet. Internetting is serious business for sure.

Translation: uh, I dunno, maybe, probably kinda ish?

Last edited:

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Slammed the accelerator on a forklift as i was exiting a box truck and as it was crossing the pad onto the dock the box truck rolled forward and me and the forklift took a freefall down to the pavement, luckily i monkey'd off it fast enough while it fell to not get crushed
Forklift dock accidents are no joke, and jumping off mid fall is often a reeeeeally bad idea.

Keeping your horseshoes well polished definitely paid off for you. Glad to hear you're okay.