GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

whats the difference between golf mk5 2.0 gt tdi and the 2.0 tdi sport?????

Caz

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT Sport
my old standard rear bumper on my gt sport tdi was plastic and plain looking.. like any standard poo VW..
it was nothing like the gti...

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
cos i'm quite clue'd up on the Gt's. has anything else i've said been innaccurate?

Crimson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GOLF
cos i'm quite clue'd up on the Gt's. has anything else i've said been innaccurate?

Yup:

^ twin exhausts are only on the 170bhp version of the GT sport which does have the GTI valance also.

All MK5 Golf diesels have twin Exhausts - they are simply hidden by the rear valance on the standard TDI's, GT TDI's and GT sport 140's (the GT sport 140's standard rear valance was admittedly news to me - so I'll hold my hand up on this)

Crimson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GOLF
First post and already I'm disagreeing :) I'm fairly sure the GTI rear valance and the TDI 170 rear valance are subtly different. The GTI has an indented portion along the bottom. Crimson was correct, it is similar. We need pics! :thumbup:

Pics as requested, note that the GTI rear has the upper section painted (bottom pic)- it's usually unpainted, but it actually highlights the indentation that sgtbanjo is describing on the GTI rear valance in comparision to the GT 170 rear valance :thumbsup:

Message to Noelymack:hope you don't mind me using your rear conversion pic as an example here dude

Attachments

• IMG_Gt170 rear.jpg
    IMG_Gt170 rear.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 45,767
  • imgGTI rear.jpg
    imgGTI rear.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 27,955

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
anyone taken their wiper arm off the back? hate them
thx for pics

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
Yup:

^ twin exhausts are only on the 170bhp version of the GT sport which does have the GTI valance also.

All MK5 Golf diesels have twin Exhausts - they are simply hidden by the rear valance on the standard TDI's, GT TDI's and GT sport 140's (the GT sport 140's standard rear valance was admittedly news to me - so I'll hold my hand up on this)

and i ment thet they are on display. i have a gt 140 i know what exhaust i have

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
that kinda helps lol. its all very vague but i think i'll try it tomorrow. thanks mate :thumbsup:

sgtbanjo

Well done Crimson :clap:. I spent about 40 mins searching pics on google but couldn't find a good example of both. There's also the ed30 rear valance which I believe is different again!:smile: Do you think you could find that one too?

Crimson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GOLF
Well done Crimson :clap:. I spent about 40 mins searching pics on google but couldn't find a good example of both. There's also the ed30 rear valance which I believe is different again!:smile: Do you think you could find that one too?

No probs, it was the first one I found :biggrin:
There's a nice red Edt 30 like this one that frequents the area I work near - lucky git! :wink:

Attachments

• edt30.jpg
    edt30.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 2,082

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
i love that one but i think i'd have the lower section around the exhaust black...

Crimson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GOLF
i love that one but i think i'd have the lower section around the exhaust black...

I was actually thinking that myself - it doesn't look right completely colour coded.

I've found this when people colour code their standard rear valance - it just doesn't look right - in my opinion of course :frown:

What Noelymack did with his rear GTI valance looks great :thumbsup:
Im determined to get a GTI rear valance for around £30 after reading his thread - a great conversion project that saved him £££'s and looks the business :biggrin: