GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

whats the difference between golf mk5 2.0 gt tdi and the 2.0 tdi sport?????

carlos2006

Passed Driver's Ed
Nope, as far as I know the ED30 valances are arond £350 from dealers! While the Gti ones are around £60 or so!!!!

Can't justify the price difference for essential the same bit of plastic!!!!!

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
what do i use to plug the hole left from the wiper? :S

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
o ok, ill give it a go this weekend. doesnt throw up any fault codes does it?

Crimson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GOLF
Nope, as far as I know the ED30 valances are arond £350 from dealers! While the Gti ones are around £60 or so!!!!

Can't justify the price difference for essential the same bit of plastic!!!!!

I phoned the local VW stealers yesterday, the lower valance for a GTI is £48.95 inc VAT

m3waj

Getting back to the original question

WTF the guy wanted to know which Golf to buy either the GT TDI or Sport TDI, presumably between 04-55 plate as they are different after that.

So I think he basically wants to know if it is worth paying the extra for a GT or just get the Sport model.

Well if they both look the same (pre 2007 models) then the only other thing that could be better on the GT is the suspension and if that is also the same and there is no other improvements, then yes get the sport if its cheaper.

Escy

I have a Mk5 GT TDI, on the build sticker it says "sport", does that make the car sport or could it be referring to something else (an option maybe). The car just says GT TDI on the log book.

turbobeast_911

Pretty sure the suspension is on all the 'sport' editions are slightly lower than the standard eds. I had an mk5 Fsi sport which had lower suspension than the other sepcs

I may be wrong o_O

Nibs

GT TDI has 140bhp with hidden tail pipes where as the GT TDI Sport has twin tail pipes much like the GTI has 170 BHP rather than 140 & the "I" TDI is red on he GT TDI Sport. The grille bad says "GT Sport" rather than "GT".

Does the GT TDI 140 have a "GT" logo on the steering wheel? my GT TDI Sport has but i've never seen a GT TDI 140's steering wheel.

Also, depending on the year depends if you get the face lift model will determine what grille you have, i've seen an 04 plate GT TDI 140 with a standard grille (Grille on the blue golf pictured above) and a 07 GT TDI 140 with the Face lifted Grille. FYI facelift models have a GTI Bumper with different Grille, slots rather than honey comb.

Last edited:

Nibs

AAAANNNNNNNDDD I think the suspension setup is slightly different on the GT TDi Sport (Sits a little lower / Stiffer setup?) My GT TDi Sport has a rather stiff setup as standard so i assumed it was a sportier setup but i maybe mistaken.

Thing to look out for on the GT TDI Sport is that it comes with Diesel Partical Filter (DPF) which likes motorway runs to stretch its legs and allow the DPF to recharge (Burn off built up soot) so longer journeys are preferred, i went with the GT TDI Sport as it has 170 BHP (I like power ; )) and i got around the DPF problems as i traveled from near Norwich to Shropshire every other weekend (364 Round Trip) to see the misses at Uni.