GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

whats the difference between golf mk5 2.0 gt tdi and the 2.0 tdi sport?????

shaba

can anyone tell me what exactly the difference is between the golf mk5 2.0 gt tdi and the 2.0 tdi sport ??

im looking to get one soon and was confused by what the difference is ?? :s

thanks

cal tdi

Sump Surfer
The 2.0 TDI was available in both sport AND GT spec from '54 reg up until around '55 possibly.

It was then simple offered in GTsport spec (along with the updated GTI front bumper but with GT grills obvoiusly) up until '09 reg (end of mk5)

I may not be 100% on the detail but its definitely on those lines

:thumbsup:

shaba

ohhh rite ok....im going to see a 2.0 tdi sport on monday .

and hopefully i will like it and will have a new car :D

thanks for the replies tho !!

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
i think it's just the front bumper is a Gti one with different grilles, and the alloys are 17"'s, nto sure what else

Caz

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT Sport
go with the sport..
i have one.lol

mine came with standard leather.. :)

peter2meter

May be I can help

the GT was build from May 2005, the production ends April 2007
engines - 2.0 TDI + 1.4 TSI - both 125 kw

the GT Sport was build from May 2007 until the end of production MKV
engines
- 1.6 75 kW
- 1.4 TSI 90 kW
- 1.4 TSI 103 kW
- 1.4 TSI 125 kW
- 1.9 TDI 77 kW
- 2.0 TDI 103 kW
- 2.0 TDI 125 kW

History (german)

:wink:

Crimson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GOLF
can anyone tell me what exactly the difference is between the golf mk5 2.0 gt tdi and the 2.0 tdi sport ??

im looking to get one soon and was confused by what the difference is ?? :s

thanks

The answer is that the GT TDI does not come with the same front grills as the GT TDI sport, the GT TDI comes with the standard golf front and fog grills as shown in my uploaded picture of my GT TDI

also the rear valance on a GT TDI is the same as a standard golf - fat and plain looking, whereas the sport has a rear valance similar if not the same as the GTI and has the twin exhausts visable

the most important difference between the GT TDI and the GT TDI Sport is that the GT TDI is 140 BHP standard and the GT TDI Sport is 170bhp and also comes with much nicer 17inch alloys

The final differnce (I can think of) is that the GT TDI has a silver 2.0 TDI on the boot, the GT TDI Sport has 2.0 TDI badge, but with a red I on it. Hope this helps - confused me when I was shopping for one.

Attachments

• VWGolf.jpeg
    VWGolf.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 40,789

Caz

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT Sport
my rear on my gt tdi sport is plain and plastic.. nothing like the gti..

my gt tdi sport is 140 standard..

and my tdi badge didnt have a red i...

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
The answer is that the GT TDI does not come with the same front grills as the GT TDI sport, the GT TDI comes with the standard golf front and fog grills as shown in my uploaded picture of my GT TDI

^the tdi sport has the same bumper as the GTI but with different main and fog grilles, the non sport has the same bumper as any other golf, 1.4, 1.6 etc.

also the rear valance on a GT TDI is the same as a standard golf - fat and plain looking, whereas the sport has a rear valance similar if not the same as the GTI and has the twin exhausts visable

^ twin exhausts are only on the 170bhp version of the GT sport which does have the GTI valance also. The 140bhp version has the same as the non sport GT which is the same as the 1.4's etc

the most important difference between the GT TDI and the GT TDI Sport is that the GT TDI is 140 BHP standard and the GT TDI Sport is 170bhp and also comes with much nicer 17inch alloys

^as above there is a 140bhp version which has the most common multi spoke Gt alloys you will have seen, the 170 comes with a choice of them or the rarer 18" with a diamond cut face

The final differnce (I can think of) is that the GT TDI has a silver 2.0 TDI on the boot, the GT TDI Sport has 2.0 TDI badge, but with a red I on it. Hope this helps - confused me when I was shopping for one.

^ The Red I or "Red eye" is only on the 170bhp version

sorry to conflict you :frown:

sgtbanjo

^ twin exhausts are only on the 170bhp version of the GT sport which does have the GTI valance also.

First post and already I'm disagreeing :) I'm fairly sure the GTI rear valance and the TDI 170 rear valance are subtly different. The GTI has an indented portion along the bottom. Crimson was correct, it is similar. We need pics! :thumbup:

_adam_

Stig's Apprentice
First post and already I'm disagreeing :) I'm fairly sure the GTI rear valance and the TDI 170 rear valance are subtly different. The GTI has an indented portion along the bottom. Crimson was correct, it is similar. We need pics! :thumbup:

i've only every seen 1 170 GT and didnt study the valance but i know it's similar at least