GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the best way to color match side and rear valance?

JonnyBigBoss

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm like a lot of you. I love the GTI Mk 5 but can't stand the valance on the side and back being black/grey. I have a 2008 Candy White GTI and it's the only thing I don't like about the car.

What's the best way to change this? I know you can get body kits (such as the OEM Votex kit), vinyl wrap, and even sandpaper then paint the parts, but I want to feel out what you guys consider the best options before I commit.

I live in southern California and it's 2013 so I'm not sure if it would be possible to find a body kit. Just something to keep in mind.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
I'm like a lot of you. I love the GTI Mk 5 but can't stand the valance on the side and back being black/grey. I have a 2008 Candy White GTI and it's the only thing I don't like about the car.

What's the best way to change this? I know you can get body kits (such as the OEM Votex kit), vinyl wrap, and even sandpaper then paint the parts, but I want to feel out what you guys consider the best options before I commit.

I live in southern California and it's 2013 so I'm not sure if it would be possible to find a body kit. Just something to keep in mind.

Take it off, prep it, take it to a body shop, have them paint it, take it home, reinstall, done.

Either that or be patient and wait for somebody sell a used one. That's what I did.

morgan123

Passed Driver's Ed
Or get in a wreck, and get the bodyshop to paint it free of charge since they're already painting the upper part anyway. That's what I did.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Or get in a wreck, and get the bodyshop to paint it free of charge since they're already painting the upper part anyway. That's what I did.

Friend of mine's insurance company has a one-time forgiveness thing where if anything happens everything is covered.. He spun out on some ice, and fucked up his rear shock/spring and one rim/tire.. Since the dealer quote included 2 new springs, 2 new shocks, 1 new rim and 2 new tires, he was able to show his insurance company an "invoice" for a slightly used set of coilovers and a set of 4 slightly used rims + tires, and sicne it was around the same as the dealer quote... His insurance company paid for it.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Insurance fraud is a crime fellas.