GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the best air intake for my MKV?

VesslanGTI

Car(s)
08 GTi
i know it's been a long time since last person posted, i was just wondering, how do you guys feel about Revo High Flow Air Intake ?

Last edited:

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Don’t do any of them, they can give f***d up MAF signals, cause lean mixture. Don’t do sh*t for power, if they do, it ain’t much especially without a reprogram of the computer.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Scotty video isn't that accurate, it's not gonna confuse the computer because it has a MAF sensor, it knows exactly how much air gets in and act of the throttle body to increase or decrease the flow. Moreover the turbo will only build the pressure requested by the ECU so you will not have any power gains without reprogramming (on a naturally aspirated engine it might make more difference) . It could allow the turbo to spool faster though.

For the price of an intake, the fact that there is more or less only a gain in noise if you are not tuned and the fact that it actually let's more dirty into your engine, I wouldn't recommend it.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I went with the BSH True Seal. I bought it off of a fellow member on this site and I've been pretty impressed with it. The sound of the filter sucking in air is wicked noticeable from the cabin.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I went with the BSH True Seal. I bought it off of a fellow member on this site and I've been pretty impressed with it. The sound of the filter sucking in air is wicked noticeable from the cabin.

I'm that member and agree haha. The BSH sounds really nice. It does have some interesting harmonics at higher RPM. The EVOMS also gets good reviews around here.

Dbish

Car(s)
MKV GTI (07)
All the filter-on-a-stick intakes are about the same. The big advantage is they get rid of the factory engine cover which is a pain to remove and allow easy access to the top of the motor. Personally I have a Neuspeed P-Flo. It's by-far the loudest intake I've ever heard on a car. Lots of turbo noise and some resonant frequency honking and air sucking noises.
Man I really hope you’re right I got on here to check which ones are good because I just bought a p-flo.

Chumeta

Passed Driver's Ed
You won't get anything but more intake noise and if you win something, which I doubt it will be at high revs at the cost of losing bass. I have tried: Toyosport, Dbilas, VWracing, Ramair, Revo. I sold all of them to return to the original one, which is the one that works best by far. It is better to spend the money on other things, such as downpipe, reprogramming, etc.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I suggest sticking with the OE intake. But if you must buy an aftermarket intake...buy one made of a sort of plastic composite. The plastic ones seem to give better fuel trims...meaning it runs more efficiently.

Here are some intakes which were posted on the MK6 Golf R forum and resulting fuel trims. To make this list, ten people with the specific intake needed to post their trims and the range for each intake was then posted. Other intakes were posted by users but not added to the list for not meeting the ten post minimum. REVO fuel trims were +9% to +15%. Autotech, another plastic intake, is one I've seen to be near zero fuel trims. CTS Turbo got the best marks for an aluminum intake...meaning they likely did the lost testing during development. And likely got the MAF housing positioned well in the tube etc.. I also have the P-Flo and my trims are often at +8%. The thing is too hot to touch after running it. I wished I had gone with EVOMS(2nd choice now), Autotech, Volant...or stuck with the OE cover(1st choice now).

ltft intakes (2).png

Chumeta

Passed Driver's Ed
I do not know if you know that with the oem filter box (2.0 tfsi) you can make a very simple slight modification that works. A small DIY that shows in performance, I can assure you. Take out the air filter box, open it by removing all the screws and separating the cover. On the side of the Maf there is an oval tube (with a grid) attached with a click, we release it with a little skill and upwards. We remove or separate the grille that goes in a plastic ring and assemble everything without a grille (be careful not to leave anything susceptible to being sucked in by the turbo) and that's it. With this modification, our TRIM measure will approach 0 or may even give a negative tenth. The first thing we notice is that there is no longer a restriction on intake and that the car pushes more and gains some turbo boost. If you do not like it or it is not good for you, reposition the network.

cfell

Car(s)
GTI MKV '06
Hey avenal312....I have an APR stage 1 mkv DSG GTI and am looking for intake. Prob will add a AWE or Billy Boat down. Are you saying that you like the BSH or EVOMS . you said...
avenali312 said:
I'm that member and agree haha. The BSH sounds really nice. It does have some interesting harmonics at higher RPM. The EVOMS also gets good reviews around here.

I think the APR tune paired nicely with this intake.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I have an APR stage 1 mkv DSG GTI and am looking for intake. Are you saying that you like the BSH or EVOMS .
Hopefully avenal312 will get to you soon...but until then, FYI; I believe BSH will only be found used....they have mostly shut down business. Their site now only shows parts for Can-Am_Honda_Polaris.

EVOMS has the intake on their site, most likely in support of the MK6 Golf R, but it is difficult to find elsewhere. So you may want to contact them soon. USP Motorsport has it on their site, but is listed as *unavailable*.

Volant is a great intake with regards to performance efficiency but is near $350...and CTS Turbo, at around $300, also runs very efficiently but is aluminum. Autotech is made of a plastic composite, is inexpensive, and should not raise fuel trims. But there isn't any data to show this due to lack of interest I suppose.