GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the best air intake for my MKV?

ELH11

KCCO
I recently purchased my 2006 GTI and am looking to get a new cold air intake. Any word on what CAI does the most for performance and sounds best? I already have a full on Borla exhaust and love the notes so I don't want to compromise that.

IMG_4236.jpg

Maximum6

FASTER
he has an 06 gti vs your 08 gti.

i think the carbonio doesn't sound the same for FSI vs TSI

I had the neuspeed intake, cause it was the cheapest namebrand i found.
For 180$ new...and many people wanting it once you decide to sell it, couldn't help but try it out.

That being said i sold it a few months ago, and have stock engine box back on. Stock sounds the best after going through all the vacuum noise at low rpms.

I would like to try the AWE intake or Forge Twintake.
Try and go for the intakes that suck air from the outside rather than from inside the engine bay. Perhaps this may lessen the "vacuum" noise..while enhancing Diverter valve blow off.

Maximum6

FASTER
how different does that carbonio sound?

any dv noise?

I thought if i just buy a K&n filter...i would get the same effect...but maybe its the larger ram air opening that increases noise?

MkVme

Ready to race!
The carbonio gives off a really good deep sound. A bit whiny in 1st gear at low rpms. Im not really sure what the dv sounds like tbh so i couldnt tell you.

But for sure it puts off a nice deep sound when gunning it.

lightningjack

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI
No intake is going to boost your performance noticeably. In that case save your cash and get the car flashed. APR should be having a summer sale soon enough. Get a drop in filter and the flash and you'll be good.

If you're set on a CAI go Carbino or BSH. Search the forum though, there is a lot more involved in the CAI on the FSI engine than the TSI. Most FSI engines also have some other issues you should address first. Cam follower for one.

xatnys360

Ready to race!
BSH. The price is right, it sounds great (much more turbo suck and DV whoosh), and from a performance perspective, it looks to be as good or better than anything else on the market - including the much more expensive intakes.

Xenor

Clean Freak
Car(s)
GTI
All the filter-on-a-stick intakes are about the same. The big advantage is they get rid of the factory engine cover which is a pain to remove and allow easy access to the top of the motor. Personally I have a Neuspeed P-Flo. It's by-far the loudest intake I've ever heard on a car. Lots of turbo noise and some resonant frequency honking and air sucking noises.

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
Car(s)
2006 GLI
Oh so you have a cat back exhaust system on your car

tell me again what software you're running with that downpipe?

THESE THREADS, THESE THREADS, NOBODY LEARNS.

J-Fly

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi TTS
My experience with CAIs is that you get better gas mileage and not much else. The CAI manufacturer always claims about 5 - 10 hp gain, but its really more like 3 at the most. Anyone else have a different experience?