What would you do in my situation?

Option

Votes: 6 22.2%

Votes: 14 51.9%

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

xxForgedxx

Ready to race!
My eligibility is coming up for my $25,000 bonus soon and I am going to be buying a car with it. I have thought of numerous scenarios and options but I'd like some input on how to go about it. Don't say invest, don't say buy a house. I'm buying a car with it. That is that so respond accordingly.

Option 1: $10-15,000

Buy something less expensive but less satisfying. Fun and a nice car but it may possibly leave me lusting over what I COULD have had. I will have spare change which will be nice but maybe a smidge of regret as well. I will have the rest to split between modifications and shit happens money.

-S2000
-350Z
-E36 M3

Option 2: $20,000 w/ $5,000 to spare

I can buy a car I've always wanted but it keeps my shy of the dream. More satisfying than just spending budget dollars on a car and wishing I had more but also leaving my shy of buying the PERFECT car in this bracket, I may be forced to settle for a less desirable model or year.

-C5 Corvette (Fixed Roof Coupe)
-EVO VIII (This is a top choice, I always had EVO envy and the car is peformance AND utility/all season perfection
-G35 Coupe

Option 3: $20-25,000 and go all out

I will be able to buy a big dog car, something I don't have to go years back to get the right price, it will be close to new and with low miles but I won't have much money after registration to play with, if any but I will have the car of the car.

-SRT-8 Grand Cherokee
-SRT-8 300c
-SRT-8 Charger
-E46 M3
-Used EVO X
-LS1 RX-7 :)

What do you think? Why?

Last edited:

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
Forged,

I love ya man but please hurry up and buy a fucking car will you!! Just think, you could be out in the twisties right now getting road head at 100 mph instead of sitting on your laptop asking all us boneheads what we would do with your money. :biggrin:

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
Evo or E46 M3.

xxForgedxx

Ready to race!
Forged,

I love ya man but please hurry up and buy a fucking car will you!! Just think, you could be out in the twisties right now getting road head at 100 mph instead of sitting on your laptop asking all us boneheads what we would do with your money. :biggrin:

I don't has monies yet :frown:

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
get the newly upgraded 09 WRX

The_Sal™

VAGetarian
the only way that I can think that you dont have to pay taxes on $25K would be if you are in the military deployed overseas, which even then you only get half up front for re-enlistment, or you are robbing someone.

Either way I say go all out and get your dream car. Apparently the world will end by 2012 anyways, why not enjoy the last few years.

xxForgedxx

Ready to race!
the only way that I can think that you dont have to pay taxes on $25K would be if you are in the military deployed overseas, which even then you only get half up front for re-enlistment, or you are robbing someone.

Either way I say go all out and get your dream car. Apparently the world will end by 2012 anyways, why not enjoy the last few years.

The worlds not going to end in 2012 that is just the end of the Mayan calender hence the term "End of days". In the bible it clearly states that only god knows when the end is and there is no set date

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
E46 M3's are very low in price now even with good mileage. $20-21,000 will get you an 01-02 with 40-60k on it.

I wouldn't get anything earlier than 2003 and again I will state that they're not easy to maintain and you're going to be buying the cheapest examples. I try to stay away from outlier cars. There's a reason why the nice examples still fetch $35-40K. They're worth it. But I digress... if you're going to blow your whole wad on an M3, how will you pay to maintain and insure it? BMW service and parts are far from cheap and it's not a "just turn the key and drive to 200K" type of car.

What is your current car situation? I'm not trying to sound like a dick here but I'm also not going to give you bad advice. Blowing all of your $25K bonus on a car is pretty stupid. I say get an S2000 and call it a day. Final answer. And for the sake of Pete, just buy something already.

GTI CANADIAN

Lookin for a Hottie
Car(s)
08 VW GTI RS
:slice:
Apparently the world will end by 2012 anyways, why not enjoy the last few years.

Fucking Right. Lay that shit down on a new M3, with the deals BMW currently has, there is no better time to pursue the ultimate driving experince. Plus, you won't have to worry about paying it off!

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
My favorite Evo. Get this.

pbfoot

Ready to race!
First-you will not be able to get either an E46 M3 or an EVO X for 25K or less unless it's very high miles. Second if you do find an E46 M3 for that price consider that you will likely have to invest a lot into maintenance in the near future with high parts and labor costs.

My vote goes for an Evo VIII or IX.