GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What will give me optimal braking power?

Heco94

Ready to race!
I'm looking to buy some pads and or rotors not a brake kit just pads and maybe rotors .. They will be use to drive daily for the next few years( the car will be long term 5-7years ) with minimal track use (an autocross here and there obo. 3 a year with one EVO driving school a year with a accually track day every 2 years { this is just how I planned it out this isn't set in stone just an approximate guess}) on a VW Rabbit MK5 .

I've done my research .. and asked questions , I've come to the conclusion that Hawk HPS Pads are best

my question is are they good for daily driving do they improve stopping power a good amount

would slotted rotors in the front help and if i buy slotted rotors and just put them in the front would the rear slip or something but that's saying I have hawk pads all round and ECS slotted rotors ( the ones with the dots and lines)

( rotors in the front and hawk pads all round ) I can't really afford to put slotted rotors all round , but people have said that rotors in the front are good too is that true?

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Easy, stainless steel lines. Stock is rubber and they expand even if new. Hawk pads are the shit. It's what I use. Oem motors work just fine.

posted with my dope ass phone

Heco94

Ready to race!
ya ..Every one loves hawks but the front slotted rotors stock rear is interesting that's what im confused with .. if I put strong slotted aftermarket rotors up front and oem rear will there be a to much power in the front and the rear just fish tails?

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
I'm telling u stainless steel lines, oem motors and hawk pads.

posted with my phone

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
I'm telling u stainless steel lines, oem motors and hawk pads.

posted with my phone

this. stay away from the lines ECStuning sells, only heard bad things. the neuspeed ones ive heard are 100% legit though.

im running stock rotors, HP+'s up front with HPS in back. i went with that combo in the hopes of doing autox yet ive only does it once before. the HP+'s make a good amount of noise when slowing down and dust a lot. my HPS' are silent and barely dust.

Heco94

Ready to race!
Hmm alright I look at ECS stuff a lot .. I don' think I'm buying lines just the pads don't need to much braking power .. just a little bit above OE , becouse I'm going to run stock HP maybe w/a AWE exhaust and a BSH intake but that's that

I'm going with HPS Hawk pad's no aftermarket lines or rotors ..

But I'm still confused on the springs I was looking at I could use some more help It's in my other thread ..

And thanks to the Mod that moved this to the braking section .. I didn't notice it untill after I posted this =]

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
slotted rotors DO NOT increase braking force

for long term street use along with casual autocrosses- HPS all the way. Be warned, they will most likely fade on you during track days, but I'd be more concerned with the fluid/

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
I agree with the OEM rotors, tyrolsport bushings, braided ss lines, and Hawk pads. I use HPS pads but I think HP+ would be better for my kind of driving (mountains). I never get my rotors hot enough to glow, but I end up having to stay on the brakes long enough to boil the fluid. It should be the other way around.

Heco94

Ready to race!
I agree with the OEM rotors, tyrolsport bushings, braided ss lines, and Hawk pads. I use HPS pads but I think HP+ would be better for my kind of driving (mountains). I never get my rotors hot enough to glow, but I end up having to stay on the brakes long enough to boil the fluid. It should be the other way around.

I'm looking at driving the mountain roads just for fun really . .that's were I learn to drive .. I'm wondering if a large sway bar is to much I mean really large .. I found a 27mm Rear but I mean ,going to big is bad .. might just go with a neuspeed 25mm or the APR 27 mm but I'm not running huge power or torque so I don't need suck a large bar .. hmm what do you guys think about the sway bar thing?

TechnikSLR

Ready to race!
I'm looking at driving the mountain roads just for fun really . .that's were I learn to drive .. I'm wondering if a large sway bar is to much I mean really large .. I found a 27mm Rear but I mean ,going to big is bad .. might just go with a neuspeed 25mm or the APR 27 mm but I'm not running huge power or torque so I don't need suck a large bar .. hmm what do you guys think about the sway bar thing?

so you found a 27 and your not sure about it so you might go with a different 27? honeslty, i have the 27mm and its nothing that you cant comfortably use on a daily driven car.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
I thought they were 24 frombrhe factory, why would u do a 25 neuspeed ?? I'm gonna do bsh rear swaybar next month I missed out on a sweet ass deal a while back but Fuck it.

posted with my phone