GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What was your P0340 fix?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I am trying to help someone with it. He's replaced the cam and crank sensors. Replaced the timing chain and belt. Says the timing marks and wiring has been checked. I suggested having the timing re-checked and back-probe it to the ECU. I also said it may be the ECU itself, but this would be the rare instance.

I also told him if all is indeed OK...perhaps it is just a momentary disconnect due to a poor connector. He can't tell me of the fault count ass he only has a code reader which doesn't give fault frequency.

I have not seen a P0340 code when it was something related to the cam adjuster or N205...but I've no experience with this code personally.

So if you are aware of any P0340 fixes....feel free to post them and thanks.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Owner finally got the opportunity to hook it up to VCDS. Cam adjustment data shows 28° KW specified and 63° KW actual.
I said it looks to be off a tooth or more and the belt and chain timing alignments need to be re-checked.

He replied "but it runs and idles fine." I said OK, if you believe it is fine, then what is causing it to report a 63° KW actual position? Was the sensor installed the correct one? Is the end of the intake cam damaged?

With this new information...does anyone have input for the P0340 and the cam adjustment values?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Update: owner says P0340 went away when he replaced the N205...which I was unaware of. Now it only has mismatched cam timing.