GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What was your first car?

Thomas.brian23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
I inherited a ‘99 Malibu base model (crank windows, manual locks, rear seat didn’t fold down). It had the V6 which was the least rev-happy engine I’ve ever driven. It was junked w/ ~70K when the head gasket blew.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Depends.

I consider both of my first two cars my “first car.”

My first car was a Salsa Red 08/MK5 Jetta SEL w/ Auto trans. My parents leased it for my sister when she was in college, and I bought it for the residual off-lease.

Unfortunately, my sister took the car out one night about a month after it became “my” car, and was driving drunk and wrecked it. RIP my favorite car I’ve ever owned until my Alltrack I got last month.

Next, I got a then-new 2011 MK6 Jetta SE w/ same 2.5 engine and 6-speed auto. And even my 17 year old self knew how much of a cheap piece of shit the MK6 was compared to the MK5. I hated it so much lol

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Dad let me drive the 76 pea greeen Ford Ranger until I got something of my own. The truck was more of a half ton at that time and was a year older than I was. Then I bought a mid 80s (don’t remember the year - too many brain cells lost in my early years) Chevy Caprice Classic Coupe Landau edition. Car would fit three kegs in the trunk. Had a “tach” that was more of a “how hard are you pushing the gas pedal” dial. Not mine, but looked very similar:
View attachment 175009

Gauges trunk size by how many kegs will fit. I'm guessing you verified this more than once :unsure: :LOL:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Those are two words which do not belong next to each other. :LOL:

Must have been quite the driving experience. 1.8L 88hp inline 4, 4 speed manual or optional 3 speed automatic. Bumped to 2.0L in 1983 with fuel injection but down on power to 86 lmao. Ahhhh the good ole days

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Must have been quite the driving experience. 1.8L 88hp inline 4, 4 speed manual or optional 3 speed automatic. Bumped to 2.0L in 1983 with fuel injection but down on power to 86 lmao. Ahhhh the good ole days
It was, uh.... something. Had ”leather” and a sunroof though,

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
71 W Beetle for $400. It was full of bondo and most of the fenders were brown primer but that didn’t stop me from putting fat tires on the rear and buying all kinds of JC Whitney accessories for it. Loved it, except for lack of heat in the Massachusetts winters 😬

Nice first post. Welcome to the forum. Just mentioning JC Whitney brought back many memories.

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
1997 Nissan Maxima GXE

Maxima.jpg