GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

..WHAT SUCKS ABOUT THE MK7 SCENE..

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Iono, from what I've seen is everyone complains that the thing that literally compresses air, throws in recycled dinosaurs, blows them the fuck up, then soots up the back bumper, can make a loud noise sometimes makes me wonder why they didn't buy a Leaf or Prius.

Wheel bolts.

Fucking, really...really...expensive exhaust shit...

Like a mandrel piece of 3" stainless steel, with a flange on one end and a v-band on the other end, and a hanger, should NOT be north of 300 bucks. 500-600 bucks with the cat of all cats in it. I don't give nine shits how many times it says APR on it. It still a piece of fucking pipe. It doesn't need to be cast either. It needs to be 304 stainless, v-band, hanger, flange that fits the stock cat back. Almost a thousand damn dollars for a fucking downpipe...OH OH OH...but you get stage 2 for "free"

>:|

Also you'd think a simple muffler delete for those who just want more noise would be easy to find. Fuck no it's not.

And I'm not cheap:

THIS manifold was a grand or a smidge more actually. What you can't see is the nice merge collector spike. Held my GT2871R on my Cobalt real nice.

Now how the eff can companies sell me a piece of pipe, that is only ONE piece of pipe, almost in the same realm for a downpipe!

Don't even get me started on the price of carbon fiber intakes...so...most people don't know that carbon fiber has a shelf life and deteriorates if exposed to UV light(aka the sun). Why would you want ANYTHING you plan on having for more than iono, 5 years, carbon fiber? I get that you can like the look, just don't act all surprised that your tube of Aramid fiber decided to come apart after the glue that basically holds it together started to fail because it's in all tempartures and probably subjected to getting fun shit like calcium chloride on it(what they use to pre-treat the roads with before it snows) and there's another 500 bucks gone.

I guess what I don't get, is, why can't companies offer the flashy shit and the "who fucking cares what it looks like, it's under my car, as long as it doesn't rattle and rust" shit too? It's a piece of pipe!

Also clutch chatter is not that loud. People should practice saying they want to keep their dual mass flywheels because it will keep you from pwning your FWD trans. Again, source:

Way too much torque, no-lift shifting(hey it was an advertised feature on the Cobalt SS), a 6 puck exedy hypersingle, and sticky tires:

+

+

=

And why the fuck can't you get a single mass flywheel that's like less than 15 lbs?

Are these like, tractor engines or something?

When people do a full quote of everything including the 100 pictures to just say something like "i agree" or "Looks good"

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Iono, from what I've seen is everyone complains that the thing that literally compresses air, throws in recycled dinosaurs, blows them the fuck up, then soots up the back bumper, can make a loud noise sometimes makes me wonder why they didn't buy a Leaf or Prius.

Wheel bolts.

Fucking, really...really...expensive exhaust shit...

Like a mandrel piece of 3" stainless steel, with a flange on one end and a v-band on the other end, and a hanger, should NOT be north of 300 bucks. 500-600 bucks with the cat of all cats in it. I don't give nine shits how many times it says APR on it. It still a piece of fucking pipe. It doesn't need to be cast either. It needs to be 304 stainless, v-band, hanger, flange that fits the stock cat back. Almost a thousand damn dollars for a fucking downpipe...OH OH OH...but you get stage 2 for "free"

>:|

Also you'd think a simple muffler delete for those who just want more noise would be easy to find. Fuck no it's not.

And I'm not cheap:

THIS manifold was a grand or a smidge more actually. What you can't see is the nice merge collector spike. Held my GT2871R on my Cobalt real nice.

Now how the eff can companies sell me a piece of pipe, that is only ONE piece of pipe, almost in the same realm for a downpipe!

Don't even get me started on the price of carbon fiber intakes...so...most people don't know that carbon fiber has a shelf life and deteriorates if exposed to UV light(aka the sun). Why would you want ANYTHING you plan on having for more than iono, 5 years, carbon fiber? I get that you can like the look, just don't act all surprised that your tube of Aramid fiber decided to come apart after the glue that basically holds it together started to fail because it's in all tempartures and probably subjected to getting fun shit like calcium chloride on it(what they use to pre-treat the roads with before it snows) and there's another 500 bucks gone.

I guess what I don't get, is, why can't companies offer the flashy shit and the "who fucking cares what it looks like, it's under my car, as long as it doesn't rattle and rust" shit too? It's a piece of pipe!

Also clutch chatter is not that loud. People should practice saying they want to keep their dual mass flywheels because it will keep you from pwning your FWD trans. Again, source:

Way too much torque, no-lift shifting(hey it was an advertised feature on the Cobalt SS), a 6 puck exedy hypersingle, and sticky tires:

+

+

=

And why the fuck can't you get a single mass flywheel that's like less than 15 lbs?

Are these like, tractor engines or something?

When people do a full quote of everything including the 100 pictures to just say something like "i agree" or "Looks good"

LOL [emoji14]

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The insane amount of guys afraid of dumb shit.

"Will my car blow up from a muffler delete"

"Is running the AC on high safe?"

"Will window tint void my warranty"

"Came from ten years of driving mini vans, do I need to down shift coming up to red lights?"

Come on man lol really

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Seriously, with all the dumb threads it's only a matter of time before we see the MK7 thread for "Where to find my muffler bearings??" ...ughhh.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
The insane amount of guys afraid of dumb shit.

"Will my car blow up from a muffler delete" -- 9 times out of 10 yes

"Is running the AC on high safe?" -- No, see above

"Will window tint void my warranty" -- Yes

"Came from ten years of driving mini vans, do I need to down shift coming up to red lights?" -- Yes and use the parking brake too

Come on man lol really

Took care of the answers there

Mods, please sticky that

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I knew I shouldn't have put aftermarket windshield washer fluid in my car...damn, gotta pay to play with the big dogs. Might as well go all out with a turbo muffler delete and JB1 on setting 1

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
look at these plaid stickers I put on my VW emblems.... because my seats are the same SEE? Its like my seat material is on my emblem! HAHAHAHAHAH cool huh?
Lemme take 10 pics of it and post it!!!

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
de auto led's are soo much better because they are really expensive

look at these two horrible comparison photos as proof!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Will (insert engine, suspension, driveline part here) fit my (trim level) gti?

Yes you ass...nobody gives a fük about your leather seats or push to start it's the same exact car.

"I need some washer fluid that'll fit my PP SE" yeah...it's all the same BRO

JVang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
-OEM Clutch + Spring + Delay Valve....(I hate you)
-Lack of reasonably priced quality aftermarket options.
-Limited wheel selection with STI-like offsets unless you want to go hella-flush stanz

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
What's wrong with rain x?

Rainx washer fluid you add to tank can affect sensors. Best not to use.
If you have in tank now, suggest you suck out all you can. Refill with VW OE fluid or the cheap regular blue fluid that is in season. Remember use the cheap blue.
Rainx you apply by hand, ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Rainx washer fluid you add to tank can affect sensors. Best not to use.
If you have in tank now, suggest you suck out all you can. Refill with VW OE fluid or the cheap regular blue fluid that is in season. Remember use the cheap blue.
Rainx you apply by hand, ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Very good to know. Surprised I hadn't heard this before. I have only tried it recently and will go back to the cheap stuff.