GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

..WHAT SUCKS ABOUT THE MK7 SCENE..

AJ15

Ready to race!
Second on the search bit. Asking for links everytime.
To be fair, vBulletin's built-in search in v3 isn't great. As a prior large forum owner, it was frustrating to me. But, I'm not sure most people know they can use Google to search specific sites. i.e. putting site:www.golfmk7.com license plate frames will use Google to search GolfMK7.com for "license plate frames". :rolleyes:

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Nice thread, put me in a better mood, haha!

Unicorn clutches on stage 2 GTI's that NEVER slip.
Will my downpipe throw a code? Do I need a spacer? So many threads (symptom of not having one iota of knowledge on how to search)
Got myself an ebay DP (does it have an ebay logo on it?)

KlipZ

Ready to race!
You have little respect unless you own an R..

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
I owned the original R32
I owned a MK2 3.2 TT

I don't need anyone's respect but that fat fok looking back at me in the mirror every day.

Seriously, get a fokken life if you think you are king shyyyyyt with your MK7R - its still an econobox AWD POS.

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
"my build thread'

really?

more like "my bought shyyt and threw it on my car thread"

aint nobody here building shyyt.

Take it down to the frame and put it on a fokken rotisserie.

no?

didn't think so.

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
what sucks is that these kids will think that they know what building a car is after modifying their 7's.

dude.............you aint know nuffin about nothing.

go get yourself a mk3 and tear it down and rebuild it. do a tdi swap. throw in a rag top headliner. build yourself a set of wheels by yourself.

(I only say mk3 coz I don't want them touching my precious MK1s)

;)

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Everyone's complaining about the downpipes here, but at least they actually do something. It baffles me that anyone spends actual money on intakes, much less $500+ carbon fiber intakes that do nothing. Why?! Our stock intakes are already CAI's! There are far cheaper ways to make your car sound a little more wooshy, and there's no reason to make the 0.0001 kg intake 0.00005 kg by making it carbon fiber! It's the stupidest thing any company has ever made in my opinion.

Last edited:

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
I am definitely not sold on the CAI MK7 thing. TBH I never had bought into it. Seeing the "deal" I got for mine, I just gave it a shot. Worst case I can always sell it.

Dont forget scene points......

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Everyone's complaining about the downpipes here, but at least they actually do something. It baffles me that anyone spends actual money on intakes, much less $500+ carbon fiber intakes that do nothing. Why?! Our stock intakes are already CAI's! There are far cheaper ways to make your car sound a little more wooshy, and there's no reason to make the 0.0001 kg intake 0.00005 kg by making it carbon fiber! It's the stupidest thing 034 has ever made in my opinion.

Carbon fiber also has a shelf life of about 5 years too. A drop in filter will do about the same as the fancy intake.

Downpipes for the MK7's are still way too expensive for what they are.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion

yes yes yes on the "builds". I say this as having a journal thread. Not a build thread. It's all pretty formulaic. The search bit also refers to the scene at large. Go find the mk7 group on facebook and every day it's the same questions over and over. Everybody posts "did a thing" that's been done a hundred times over.

Last edited:

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Everyone's complaining about the downpipes here, but at least they actually do something. It baffles me that anyone spends actual money on intakes, much less $500+ carbon fiber intakes that do nothing. Why?! Our stock intakes are already CAI's! There are far cheaper ways to make your car sound a little more wooshy, and there's no reason to make the 0.0001 kg intake 0.00005 kg by making it carbon fiber! It's the stupidest thing 034 has ever made in my opinion.
This. Intake buyers might as well light their money on fire. Better yet spend it on strippers. At least then you'll get something for your money.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
It could happen but I still like my chances ?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
The amount of non-enthusiast drivers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk