GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What size muffler fits?

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I have a stock exhaust except for a resonator delete...want it a little louder and deeper. It's an aftermarket muffler the way to achieve this? What company, style, and size fits well? And no I don't want to get a downpipe and have to go stage 2

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
You can run a cat-less DP and not go to stage two, ya know.

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
By using an 02 spacer right? But a downpipe still costs a lot. I would go stage 2 but I don't want to run 93 ...cost more less mileage

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
It would be real loud then right, with the resonator delete. I don't want to sound like a Honda civic with no muffler that you can hear from 2 blocks away

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
What tune? Unitronic doesn't have a 91 octane stage 2 like APR

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
DM... Love it. Plus Bronson is awesome at working with you to make semi-custom tunes. You'll get an off the shelf, mild tune, then run logs and send in, and he modify it for your car specifically. And so on and so on. I'm only stg2 to see how my car is playing with my mods and how it likes the tune... Had to supporting mods. Plugs coils, both 02s, rear 02 spacer. But I'm running an APR TBE, APR hpfp, forge twintake (soon to be EVOMS) forge twintercooler,

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
An aftermarket dp with the stock exhaust sounds nicer than a stock tbe with a resonator deleted. Nicely resonated, slightly louder tone vs. louder and hollow raspiness.

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Yeah it seems I'll have to just save up and look at a downpipe then, as well as supporting stuff for stage 2 such as dv and pcv. Off topic but do you know if Unitronic offers a 91 Oct stage 2 file? And also my car was just in at the dealer and they said I had warranty on the PCV until 2017…is it worth upgrading to a CC or block off plate or should I just let it be replaced under warranty when it fails? Will they void warranty because tuned?