GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What should I do next

Imadeit

Rookie Tuner
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
First and foremost I am going for sneaky fast...I dont want a flashy car to attract high school teens or cops. I want it to look stock but sound and run differently.

I just installed a NS CAI.

What should I do next, money is not a huge issue as I can save up for the parts.

Thanks guys.

yvrnycracer

Never has enough power...
should have gotten software first... doing an intake first is kind of a waste...

Suspension is next after that... then TBE... then stage 2... fuel pump... stage 2+ etc etc

Imadeit

Rookie Tuner
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Well, I had 125 to spend and I had an itch for my first mod. And Kmusk was selling NS CAI for 125 shipped so I jumped at the offer. The closest software vendor is APR, is that kosher or no. I have seen people battling them and REVO the most. Why suspension, where am I going to use that. Fuel pump?

Thanks boss.

I would like this after the chip...

http://www.bshspeedshop.com/store/home.php?cat=697

BOz

Keep right except to pass
Car(s)
08' MKv GTI
you need to search around this site..

IMO a chip is exactly what your looking for.. it will wake you car up.. night and day difference.. Go with APR if they have a dealer close to you and offer good customer service. there program is a set it and forget it type of thing. APR,REVO,GIAC,UNITRONIC all make reliable software for our cars..GL :thumbsup:

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
If you are really serious about going BT then you should spend some time thinking about your mods carefully unless you don't care about spending on stuff now that might now transfer with the BT kit. Software is a tough call because it will make a big immediate difference but unless you go with APR and a K04 kit down the road you'll be paying for software that can't be upgraded for cheap with the BT (K04 being the exception - $299 for the APR upgrade if you already have their software). Things that you'll be able to keep regardless are a DV relocation kit, HPFP, PVC fix, FMIC, suspension, motor and tranny mounts, probably DP or TBE...I guess that's most of the major mods. If you don't think you'll honestly be in the market or have the cash for the BT within the next 6-12 months I'd just go ahead and get the software update and enjoy it. APR is cool if it's close to you. I wouldn't worry about the debate over who is "the best". APR is solid and has good service.

yvrnycracer

Never has enough power...
Just noticed this.. if you are planning to BT (big turbo) your car. Skip the software for now b/c you will need a different program for that set up..

:iono::iono:

If you are serious about doing a BT setup... be prepared to drop at least 10 grand...

The turbo kit is the most inexpensive part... All (well most) tuners off a k04 or stage 3 setup and the software can be upgraded to that point... APR, UNITRONIC and Revo (kind of) offer stage 3 type software but then you have to decide what kind of turbo you will want to go with as well as what fueling solution as well... you also have to decide if you are doing rods and what kind of power you want to attain...

Saying to not do software if you are doing BT is simply not right... APR offers both a K04/ED30 kit and a Garrett kit... Unitronic can provide a tune to your specific setup and Revo is stili in BETA so who knows what is going on...

You will also need to look at upgrading you clutch and motormounts and various other things... you will also have to be prepared for things to break...

So go with the software... and if APR is the closest dealer do it... they provide a solid product and realistically if you don't go with their software down the road for a BT setup the 600-1000 bucks you will have to spend for new software is the least of your worries...

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
SLAM THE FUCK OUT OF IT!!!!!

lolol

Imadeit

Rookie Tuner
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
F that shit...I am not looking to dump that much into it. Right now it is my daily driver (50mi one way). Thanks for the insight, and the search pulls back to many results because it looks based on keywords...making it very difficult for me to key on something. As for "slamming it" as much as I would love to, what is the point. to hit the many railroad crossings...or better yet speed bumps. I am not trying to be an ass, I just think that would be too much for me. I would love to bag it out, but it goes back to that justification thing.

:iono::iono:

If you are serious about doing a BT setup... be prepared to drop at least 10 grand...

The turbo kit is the most inexpensive part... All (well most) tuners off a k04 or stage 3 setup and the software can be upgraded to that point... APR, UNITRONIC and Revo (kind of) offer stage 3 type software but then you have to decide what kind of turbo you will want to go with as well as what fueling solution as well... you also have to decide if you are doing rods and what kind of power you want to attain...

Saying to not do software if you are doing BT is simply not right... APR offers both a K04/ED30 kit and a Garrett kit... Unitronic can provide a tune to your specific setup and Revo is stili in BETA so who knows what is going on...

You will also need to look at upgrading you clutch and motormounts and various other things... you will also have to be prepared for things to break...

So go with the software... and if APR is the closest dealer do it... they provide a solid product and realistically if you don't go with their software down the road for a BT setup the 600-1000 bucks you will have to spend for new software is the least of your worries...

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Now that you know what is involved with a BT it sounds like you should definitely go with the software and save up for a TBE or DP and then go stage 2. Those are the 2 biggest upgrades for the $$$ as far as HP/TQ. Throw on some suspension and reinforce the DV and PCV and you'll have a fun little car for your commute.

theghost84

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI UG 6MT
Now that you know what is involved with a BT it sounds like you should definitely go with the software and save up for a TBE or DP and then go stage 2. Those are the 2 biggest upgrades for the $$$ as far as HP/TQ. Throw on some suspension and reinforce the DV and PCV and you'll have a fun little car for your commute.

this is exactly what you should do

lhturbo

Mod Addict
Car(s)
MKV GTI with DSG
Well, I had 125 to spend and I had an itch for my first mod. And Kmusk was selling NS CAI for 125 shipped so I jumped at the offer. The closest software vendor is APR, is that kosher or no. I have seen people battling them and REVO the most. Why suspension, where am I going to use that. Fuel pump?

Thanks boss.

I would like this after the chip...

http://www.bshspeedshop.com/store/home.php?cat=697

I'm 38 and here are the mods that have transformed my sleeper car.

-carbonio intake
-APR 93 octane software download
-forge diverter valve
-forge front mount intercooler
-APR RSC exhaust (downpipe and catback)
-APR high pressure fuel pump
-APR stage II software
-VF pendulum mount
-Koni yellows (struts and shocks)
-Vogtland springs
-H&R Sway bars front/rear (German made, TUV certified, the best sway bars out there...don't be talked into anything less)
-stainless steel brake lines
-eurospec rotors and pagid blue pads (but I would suggest just getting Hawk pads with oem rotors unless you want the look)

This car is very quick, the exhaust is sporty and doesn't drone, and it handles like it's on rails.

good luck.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 94