GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

What music are you listening to?

FlyingMU

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Newbie
Ride
'11 GTI
After a long period of discovery of new music, I decided to make a playlist full of my tried and true, cornerstone artists and blast that for a while.

Arctic Monkeys, Thee Oh Sees, Queens of the Stone Age, The Budos Band, Tame Impala, MF DOOM, Outkast (early), Nas, A Tribe Called Quest, System of a Down, Gojira, Childish Gambino, Steely Dan, Kikagaku Moyo, RADWIMPS, Thundercat, Nujabes, and Dilla.

Some great, new artists I've discovered in the last year or so:
Denzel Curry, chelmico, Tennis, HAIM, Khruangbin, !!! (pronounced chk-chk-chk), Boogarins, Lamp, and The Claypool Lennon Delirium.

sterkrazzy

Drag Racing Champion
Ride
2018 R
I've been listening to his instrumental stuff a lot this year He's got some really chill music. There's a lot of more underground hip-hop I listen to and I never realized how many of them were taking samples from mf doom.

Lately it's been a lot of Tool since I bought tickets to a concert in April, but it's canceled now. I've listened to their new cd a few more times and I've gone from meh it's an alright cd to that's a pretty damn good cd now.

torga

Autocross Newbie
Ride
'11 GTI
I've been listening to his instrumental stuff a lot this year He's got some really chill music. There's a lot of more underground hip-hop I listen to and I never realized how many of them were taking samples from mf doom.

Lately it's been a lot of Tool since I bought tickets to a concert in April, but it's canceled now. I've listened to their new cd a few more times and I've gone from meh it's an alright cd to that's a pretty damn good cd now.
MF DOOM is seriously one of the GOATs. All caps when you say the man's name. MM..FOOD and Operation: Doomsday are in my top 5 hip hop albums of all time. And his music under his various pseudonyms and collabs are always absolutely stellar; Madvillain & Danger Doom are mad tight.
Check out Abstract Orchestra - they do instrumentals/re-imaginings of awesome hip hop albums. They did a Dilla tribute album and they did Madvillain Vols. 1 & 2 (mostly from Madvillainy). Really good stuff.

sterkrazzy

Drag Racing Champion
Ride
2018 R
MF DOOM is seriously one of the GOATs. All caps when you say the man's name. MM..FOOD and Operation: Doomsday are in my top 5 hip hop albums of all time. And his music under his various pseudonyms and collabs are always absolutely stellar; Madvillain & Danger Doom are mad tight.
Check out Abstract Orchestra - they do instrumentals/re-imaginings of awesome hip hop albums. They did a Dilla tribute album and they did Madvillain Vols. 1 & 2 (mostly from Madvillainy). Really good stuff.
Vol 1 is one I've listened to a bunch. The MF DOOM vs Tyler the Creator album posted on youtube is another, MF BLOOM + Flowervillain II. Doesn't look like I've listened to vol 2 yet.