GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your occupation?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yep. Well, technically not NORAD but in the mountain with 1st Space Control Squadron from 2004-2007. We'd feed them space status updates, which they then liked claiming as their own info.
Nice. I was at Carson 2000-2003 with 3ACR and had been there several times. Buddy over on Peterson was a satellite driver

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Nice. I was at Carson 2000-2003 with 3ACR and had been there several times. Buddy over on Peterson was a satellite driver
We had some overlap then. I was at 4 SOPS other side of town at Schriever 2002-2004 before the mountain. Lived in Fountain then, went to sleep some nights to the artificial thunder & lightning during exercises on Carson.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
We had some overlap then. I was at 4 SOPS other side of town at Schriever 2002-2004 before the mountain. Lived in Fountain then, went to sleep some nights to the artificial thunder & lightning during exercises on Carson.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You're welcome! Gotta love Table VIII Bradley gunnery at 0230 with HE rounds thinking you're hitting a moving truck target......and then the range gets shut down due to actually hitting a huge deer....I have the tape

Last edited:

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Active duty U.S. Air Force, Master Sergeant/E-7 in Space Operations. I've also worked on aircraft weapons systems (B-52, F-16, F-15, few other randoms).

I 'retire' about this time next spring so who knows what I'll be doing then when I have to grow up. :p
Air Force here too...Loadmaster.

Congrats on your upcoming retirement!

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Air Force here too...Loadmaster.

Congrats on your upcoming retirement!

Thanks! Back in the day I washed out of the Arabic Linguist course and had Loadmaster as a top preference for retraining. Got Weapons. Can't complain but would've like the additional travel you all seem to get. That, or maybe refueling boom operator. ;)

Cole Trickle

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi S4
I’m the data breach manager for the US affiliate of a huge bank.

Before that I did Infosec and BCP assessments of our high risk vendors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I'm a R&D scientist for paint and adhesive development. Typically this means I specialize in corrosion protective coatings or electrically conductive materials. Been grinding at it for a while, started as a lowly lab rat, now i'm writing proposals and running projects.

Last edited:

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Woah... As some of you may have read, I got my first "big boy job" as an IT Helpdesk / 2nd-level support associate in the IT dept at Wawa as recently as January, having graduated last year.

I've already managed to secure a promotion, albeit it's less a promotion and more that I got another job. Last year I interned from January-December in Store Operations on the Store Ops Technology team, and in that time I formed some very good relationships with the folks in that department. My old manager, who I worked for as recently as December, is now my manager again, only now I am a Store Ops Technology Project Lead, instead of the Store Ops Technology Intern.

I'm smelling a Golf R in my not-so-distant future.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I'm smelling a Golf R in my not-so-distant future.

With your luck historically on the MK7s, I'm worried for you LOL

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
With your luck historically on the MK7s, I'm worried for you LOL

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yeah I know what you mean. I am itching to get out of my current MK7 because I think the threads on the frame for the engine and/or trans mounts are stripped, because I have gone through multiple iterations of aftermarket mounts and they're always amazing when installed, and over the course of a month or two they all end up the exact same: worse than stock. rough operation, bucking on/off-throttle, lots of noise/vibration when stopped, especially when in neutral/park, and when the AC is on (which is weird to me, since AC ups your idle RPM...)

I just can't get a break with this shit :\

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
^ keep the GTI and bank the money

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I'm a Business Analyst at a small software company that specializes in housing customer loyalty data and providing analytics to CPGs.

So, basically a data monkey that queries the databases and puts together pretty power point slides lol.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
did you read the post that you're pointing to? my car has had, at this point, unsolvable complications due to a failure that required transmission replacement last year.

I did, but only picked up on the mounts. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah...at that point, maybe not keep it....lol