GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your occupation?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Lots of cool jobs in here. If you have a job that isnt so cool or dont wanna post, i hope you like what you do. I am a software tester. It pays my very high student loans. Yay for crippling dept and american greed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bomber24

I operate a Liebherr R996B hydraulic excavator at the Area C iron ore mine in the Pilbara of West Australia. 676 tonnes without any dirt in the bucket, equivalent of sitting on the roof of a 3 story building when in the cab. 2x V16 Diesel engines each 3069.5ci (50.3L) making 3000hp gross @ 1800rpm

Seen here with workshop performing a test to see if the hydraulic accumulators are leaking for scale against a single cab 4wd and a medium rigid truck.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I operate a Liebherr R996B hydraulic excavator at the Area C iron ore mine in the Pilbara of West Australia. 676 tonnes without any dirt in the bucket, equivalent of sitting on the roof of a 3 story building when in the cab. 2x V16 Diesel engines each 3069.5ci (50.3L) making 3000hp gross @ 1800rpm

Seen here with workshop performing a test to see if the hydraulic accumulators are leaking for scale against a single cab 4wd and a medium rigid truck.

I think you easily win the award for driving the vehicle with the most HP.:)

I know someone who used to operate heavy equipment. He described it as like playing with big toys. Not too sure about his work ethic though so I don't know how true that is.

Last edited:

SRTie4k

Ready to race!
Software engineer for industrial metrology equipment.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Wawa? If so, I heard that’s a great company to work for.

For sure they are. Been there for 8 years already and I’m only 25. Worked from the stores up through high school and college. Will be retiring at 50 :)

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Lots of cool jobs in here. If you have a job that isnt so cool or dont wanna post, i hope you like what you do. I am a software tester. It pays my very high student loans. Yay for crippling dept and american greed.

Where at? I know you’re in the Philly area (me too)

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I think you easily win the award for driving the vehicle with the most HP.:)

I know someone who used to operate heavy equipment. He described it as like playing with big toys. Not too sure about his work ethic though so I don't know how true that is.
Any plans for an ECU tune?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Worked as a research associate in biotech and drug discovery since graduating high school. Type 2 diabetes, then HIV, then metabolism, then worked 3 miserable years at a soul sucking major company which provides products for life sciences.

Got burned out and now going back to school to be an x-ray tech and eventually diagnostic nuclear medicine. Making much less money but after all these years I want to finally pursue a career helping people which I’ve always wanted to do but never followed my heart.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I was going to suggest umbrella corp

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Bio-Rad: where scientists go to die.
*Not my quote.

Ah. Did my graduate work down in La Jolla. Now on the other coast. Use Bio-Rad products every day, they still have a strong presence in the life sciences.

frailingbanjo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE 6MT
Banjo builder. Work part time at a regional visitor center in northwestern NC.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk