GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is this part?

bwoodahl

Ready to race!
My MkV was repaired by a body shop last month and I just found this part in the rear hatch/boot area. Across, it's roughly the size of a 50¢ coin. Any ideas?
IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_1144.JPG
IMG_4502.JPG

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I do not think it is a part...I believe it is packing foam for the actual part that is a small cover. Number 1K0-868-887 is for many small plastic covers and is usually accompanied by four other numbers and letters such as; D-82V, D-3U6, D-71N etc. Perhaps a small cover was found damaged or lost by the repairer and they ordered a new one and missed it upon final clean up. You can do some online searching using 1K0-868-887 followed by those other four I provided. Perhaps one od the covers will be familiar to you that you see in the cargo area.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I am getting nothing for just 1k0 867 887. Everything I see is 1k0 867 887 xxxx, and is a plastic cover of some sort. Nothing that is styrofoam. Can you go back to the repair shop and ask the tech that actually worked on it?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I truly feel it isn't a part...but if so, not a necessary one.

mozecek

Car(s)
VW Golf / Rabbit MK5
My MkV was repaired by a body shop last month and I just found this part in the rear hatch/boot area. Across, it's roughly the size of a 50¢ coin. Any ideas?
this part felt down during headliner removal - it could slide down to the side and in the same way could be mounted back, you can live withou it or remove rear side piles and carefully bend the headliner (can be broken!) there two identical parts there

Attachments

• vwBlackPart.png
    vwBlackPart.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 113